Room Allocation Principles
Rooms allocated to teaching will be allocated using the following principles. The Timetabling Office will endeavour to meet as many principles as possible for each event but due to the variety of demands it may not be possible to satisfy all.
- Suitable capacity. Rooms will ordinarily be between 50-100% of class size. In exceptional circumstances rooms may be allocated at different proportions.
- Proximity of room to the owner of the event. Zoning guidelines will be used where possible for teaching in Canterbury and Medway, and where other principles are not violated to reduce travel time for staff and students.
- Accessibility requirements of staff and students. Accessible rooms and rooms equipped with hearing enhancement equipment will be allocated where the Timetabling Office has been notified of such a requirement
- Equipment requirements. Wherever possible, the equipment as requested in the planning stages will be met.
- Room layout. Wherever possible lectures will be allocated lecture theatres or classrooms, seminars to seminar rooms, PC classes to PC rooms; other types of event will be allocated on the principles above. If there is a need for a specific layout this should be requested in planning information.