Assessment and Feedback Policy
Approved by LTB November 2015.
1. The Assessment and Feedback Policy sets out the University’s principles and values that ensure that the academic standards of Kent awards of credit and qualifications are set and maintained at the appropriate level and that students’ performance is equitably evaluated against this standard.
The policy reflects the University’s adoption of the QAA Quality Code for Higher Education (Parts A and B) in relation to assessment of students. It is acknowledged that the Quality Code for Higher Education may be subject to change or replacement and the policy will therefore be reviewed as necessary. The policy also reflects Kent’s commitment to provide explicit, transparent and accessible assessment information to students, staff, external examiners, external accreditors and others, such as employers, who have an interest in the quality and standards of assessment at University of Kent.
The policy is informed by the University of Kent strategic aims to:
- foster an inclusive student learning experience
- enable students to fulfil their academic potential
- promote professional development and
- equip students for lifelong learning.
Assessment Policy prepared by J.Cohen/A.Dean. For previous assessment documents, see: Assessment Framework (2007-2015)