HEA Route to Recognition (Fellow/Senior Fellow)
HEA Route to Recognition for Experienced Staff
Welcome to The University of Kent’s HEA Route to Recognition for Experienced Staff (RRES) for Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy (HEA RRES). The Route is a non-taught recognition scheme for experienced staff (academic, support, technical, PGRs) with a minimum of five years' experience of leading, teaching and/or supporting learning in higher education.
Gaining HEA Fellowship status provides you with national recognition of your expertise and commitment to professionalism in teaching and learning and demonstrates that your practice is aligned with the UK Professional Standards Framework (UKPSF) for teaching and supporting learning in higher education. The Route aims to:
- Align with and promote the UKPSF and reflect the aspirations of the HEA;
- Contribute to achieving Kent’s strategic objectives for teaching, learning and staff development;
- Be effective in supporting departmental, school and faculty teaching and learning objectives;
- Support participants in developing and enhancing their professional practice;
- Contribute to the enhancement of the student learning experience;
- Contribute to individuals’ career development and progression;
- Offer a collaborative and supportive professional development route which harnesses expertise from across the institution and provides opportunities for peer to peer learning, networking and dissemination.
All HEA Fellowship applications need to be submitted as one document (PDF). You should complete your application recognition for Fellowship using the handbooks and templates available on the Route’s Moodle page.
Evidence provided through the application should reflect your recent and current work, usually within the last five years of your employment in the HE sector. Examples of activities from more than five years ago may be used if they are still relevant and impact upon your professional practice today.
These pages have been devised to offer information and guidance about the Route for all of those involved, including participants, mentors, internal reviewers, and referees.
What is the UK Professional Standards framework http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbjlRoVAxLU
PSF: Which level of fellow should I apply for? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNElEfr-tno
PSF: Writing my D1 or D2 application http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxTymv9I4Hw
PSF: Writing my D3 application http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qdg2fsD7VuM