Street Marshal scheme governance
The Street Marshal scheme will be overseen by a Steering Group, consisting of the following members:
University of Kent
Dr Wayne Campbell - Co-Chair and Director of Student Services and Senior Master
Suzanne Ridley – Secretary and Community Liaison Officer
Mark Arnold – Head of Security
Canterbury Christ Church University
Dr Moira Helm - Co-Chair and Director of Student Experience
Katie Latchford – Community Liaison Manager
Geoff Marsh - Assistant Facilities Director – Operations
Vice President (Welfare) or equivalent
Tony Logan – Director of Operations or nominee
Christ Church Students’ Union
President (Education & Wellbeing) or equivalent
Ellie Martin - Advice Centre Coordinator or nominee
Vicki Tyler – Detective Inspector or nominee
Canterbury City Council
Doug Rattray – Head of Safer Neighbourhoods or nominee
North Canterbury Residents’ Associations
Terry Westgate or nominee
South Canterbury Residents’ Associations
Patricia Marsh or nominee
Other members may be co-opted into the group as and when required.
The Steering Group will:
- oversee the implementation of the Street Marshal scheme.
- ensure the Street Marshal scheme in Canterbury is operating effectively in meeting the needs of University of Kent and Canterbury Christ Church University students, and the local community in which it operates.
- appoint a contractor, who must be Community Safety Accreditation Scheme accredited and approved by the Chief Officer for Kent, to manage and operate the Street Marshal scheme.
- ensure the contractor is operating in accordance with the powers granted by the Chief Officer for Kent under the Home Office Community Safety Accreditation Scheme.
- oversee the annual budget and funding for the Street Marshal scheme.
- receive an annual report, with statistical data, from the contractor in relation to the monthly activity of the Street Marshals.
- ensure that any complaints against Street Marshals are dealt with promptly and in a fair and transparent manner by the contractor, and that the outcome of any investigation is formally communicated to the complainant(s).