Biometric Residence Permits Delays
3 February 2021
Current update on BRPs:
The Home Office is working hard to respond to customer enquiries and resolve issues, but it is currently taking up to 40 days to respond.
Collection of BRPs:
To assist BIDMU in clearing outstanding enquiries, please do not send chaser e-forms or emails via https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/not-arrived or https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/collect.
The following information may also be of assistance:
- If you are expecting your BRP to be delivered to your UK home address you should contact UKVI's delivery partner, TNT, directly to arrange re-delivery if you have received a delivery email from either UKVI or TNT. https://delivery.tnt.com/tracking
- If you need to change a delivery address, please can contact TNT directly. Please allow time for TNT to liaise with UKVI for their address details to be updated, this can take up to five working days.
- Reporting delivery problems with your BRP can be done via https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/not-arrived if: you have not received a delivery email 10 days after receiving a decision notification; or if you have contacted TNT and TNT have not been able to help you.
- If you are collecting your BRP from a Post Office you should not collect the BRP until after you have completed this period of isolation. BRPs will be held at their designated collection point for up to 90 days from the start date printed on the vignette and will be available for collection once you have fulfilled any quarantine requirements.
- You will not face any penalties if unable to collect your BRP within ten days of arrival in the UK due to quarantine requirements.