Student Immigration

All you need to know about VISAs and studying

Frequently asked questions

Visa Extension

Do i need a visa extension?

You may be required to apply for a CAS to extend your current grant of leave if:

- You are a current Kent student

- Your visa expires before your course completion date

- You are required to be in attendance until your course completion date.

When do I have to apply for a visa extension?

You must apply for a new visa before your current visa expires. You will not be able to continue your studies at Kent without providing us with proof that an application to the Home Office was made on time.

How do I apply for a visa extension?

If you require an extension to your visa to continue your course you must request a new CAS number from the Student Immigration Compliance Team.

For the full procedure please visit our page - Applying for a CAS Current Students.

Who do I contact regarding my visa extension?

The Student Immigration Compliance Team is responsible for issuing CAS's to all current, eligible students who are continuing to study with the University of Kent.


For advice on completing the CAS form and the visa application proces please refer to the Kent Union Advice Centre or our website.



University of Kent - © University of Kent

The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T: +44 (0)1227 764000

Last Updated: 08/08/2018