Student Immigration

All you need to know about VISAs and studying

Frequently asked questions


Student route - Registration

You must present your current and valid passport and a valid visa in order to register for your course when you arrive at the University of Kent. We will check you have a valid visa to study your course at the University of Kent and take a copy of your documents.

Please note that it is a requirement under your Student route visa conditions that you register on your course by the required course start date, provide the University with your passport and visa and inform the University of any changes to these documents and respond to all requests by the University to present in person, your passport, visa and other documentation for scanning. For a list of responsibilities please visit Visa Responsibilities.

I'm not a Student route visa student - Do I need to bring my visa to register?

Yes. If you require a visa to be in the UK, you will need to present your current passport and visa in order to register at the University of Kent. We will check that you can study your course at Kent and take a copy of your documents.

What if I do not have my visa?

If you are waiting for the outcome of a recent visa application, you must bring proof of application and a photocopy of your passport. Proof of application includes documents proving you have made a valid visa application to study with us.

I am having issues enrolling.

Please visit Getting Started at Kent.



University of Kent - © University of Kent

The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T: +44 (0)1227 764000

Last Updated: 12/01/2023