Student Immigration

All you need to know about VISAs and studying

Visa Extensions

You may need to apply for a new CAS to complete your course if your current grant of leave expires before your course completion date.

If you are current student at the University and need to extend your Tier 4 visa to continue on your course you will need to apply for a CAS. Read through our information on obtaining a new CAS and applying for a visa from within the UK.

Current students at the University will need a new CAS number if they are making a visa extension application (in the UK or overseas) to continue their current course or for periods of reassessments. You can apply for a CAS to extend up to 3 months prior to the course start date.



University of Kent - © University of Kent

The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T: +44 (0)1227 764000

Last Updated: 29/11/2017