Registering with a doctor

medical doctor and patient smiling

It is important to register with a GP close to your term-time address so you can access health services quickly and easily while you’re at University.

Visit the NHS website for more information about getting medical care as a student.


Kent has its own NHS general practice on campus called the University Medical Centre.

Canterbury students can register for the University Medical Practice online.


You should register with a local doctor near to your accommodation in order to receive treatment under the National Health Service (NHS): Find your nearest NHS Surgery.

NHS services for students

Check out this handy guide for students in Kent and Medway It includes:

  • How to register with a GP
  • What to do if you become unwell during the holidays
  • Registering with a dentist
  • Mental health support
  • Vaccinations
  • Contraception

More support

Find out more about our support services at Canterbury and Medway.

Last updated