During lockdown, why not make the most of all the online Study Plus and Careers events? Develop your skills and meet others with similar interests.
Session include Photography, Editing and Proofreading and Resolving Conflict.
Projects are happening all around us and in the workplace it is likely that you will find yourself either involved in a project or managing one.
The aim of this course is to share some tools and approaches that will help you set-up and deliver your project successfully.
An introduction to Emergency first aid. This will be a 4 hour event.
Please note we have limited spaces available so book soon to avoid missing out!
To promote the concept of continuous personal development, positive curiosity, and resilience to succeed.
- What is a growth mindset
- Fixed mindset v Growth Mindset – 5 key areas
- The power of ‘yet’
- The role of feedback
- Define what it is and why it is important
- Common barriers to good time management
- Understand different types of time management issues, strategies, techniques and tools to address these.
- Know what their own time management issues are
- Leave with practical plan specific to their needs
We are living in exceptional times. Lockdown took us all surprise and for many of us it meant reimagining the way we work and manage our lives. But as we ease into this ‘new normal’ what are we doing to ensure that our approaches are as inclusive and emotionally intelligent as possible? You are graduating into a world that is more digital and global than ever before, and this session has been created to give you space to think about your role in making that space accessible and safe for you, and others. This session covers:
- Why does being inclusive matter: the ethical and business case
- Power and Privilege and its impact on our working lives
- The Equality Act 2010 and the legal context
- Harm reduction: action planning and behavioural changes
No matter who you are, if you interact with people there are bound to be times when we are required to have difficult conversations. Most people would rather not have the conversation, will try to avoid it if possible or hope it goes away, or sometimes we may address the situation ineffectively and potentially make it worse. This course is designed to give you the skills and confidence you need to have those challenging conversations in an effective way.
By attending this course, you will learn:
- the common reasons why we avoid having difficult conversations
- principles that will help you get the best out of challenging situations
- understand common motivations with challenging behaviour
- how to be assertive
Many organisations now expect all employees to help write quality web content. These skills are a great asset to any company and your career, whatever your academic background and job role.
Whether writing web pages, a corporate blog or helping to build a social media campaign, this session will give you the basics for writing compelling online content. It is highly interactive including group discussion and practical exercises.
During this taster course you will:
- Be provided with tools to help you identify your core values, i.e. what matters to you.
- Experience increased clarity as to your core values and feel more connected to your own potential and deeper sense of purpose.
- Be provided with tools to build self-confidence and curiosity to approach experiences and feedback from a positive and constructive angle.
- How you can use the rule of thirds to compose your images
- How to use layering and negative space in your images
- When to change the aperture on your images
The focus of this session the focus will be around language, phrasing, championing and challenging. We will share best practice models, research and advice to ensure attendees feel confident to talk about Equality and Identity in an inclusive and thoughtful way. In the workshop we will explore:
- Can I say that? Looking at current news stories and challenges
- Exploring what we mean by ‘tone of voice’ in organisations
- Guiding principles and best practice
- Weaponised language and reclaimed words
- Surgery session
This 2-hour workshop course will provide you with useful communication and leadership skills that will enhance your ability to build relationships and gain respect.
By attending this workshop, you will learn:
- practical skills to build your confidence when communicating both personally and professionally
- how to communicate like an influential leader
- what is needed to build rapport.
Editing and proofreading are transferable skills that will be valued in any job role. At work, you will need to check your own emails and reports. Your employer may also ask you to check other people’s work as part of your role. This session will give you the skills, tools and resources to check written work effectively. It is highly interactive including group discussion and practical exercises.
By the end of the session, participants will have:
- Understood the need to manage yourself, the team, and the task!
- Examined their own personality style and therefore how they may manage
- Explored Problem Solving and Decision-Making tools.
Check our Target Connect to see all the Study Plus and careers events on offer.