The judges are looking for inspirational students who have made a difference to people, communities or environments. The nominations are judged based on the following criteria:
- What impact their work has made
- Their innovation and how they’ve overcome challenges
- The skill they’ve demonstrated
- The dedication and commitment they’ve shown
There are two stages of judging: the sub panels and the main panel.
13 January – 22 March 2020
Sub panel judging
Main panel judging
Each award has a judging sub panel allocated to it. Their job is to pick up to five finalists in their category to go forward to the main judging panel.
Each sub panel will consist of staff from both the University and Kent Union.
The main panel will choose the winner(s) in each category from the shortlist of nominations they receive from the sub panels.
The panel consists of:
- Chair: Deputy Vice-Chancellor Education
- Director of Student Services
- President of Kent Union
- Chief Executive of Kent Union
- Head of Stakeholder Communications and Engagement
- A representative of the local community
The main panel is set to meet in May 2020.