Student voice – how you can have your say
There are many ways you can give your feedback while at Kent. You can tell us what you think by:
- Speaking to Kent Union. They are your students’ union and exist to make sure your voice is heard. If you are a Medway student, you can also get in touch with GK Unions, Kent Union’s partnership with Greenwich, based in the Student Hub.
- Talking to your Kent Union Officers, Student Rep or using Digital Rep online
- Submitting an idea to the ‘Change It’ campaign
- Completing a module feedback form
- Speaking to your Academic Adviser or other members of staff (either face to face or via email)
- Posting to the University’s social media (e.g. Twitter, Facebook etc.)
- Completing other surveys you are sent throughout the year
- Visiting the Advice Centre for help with most things including academic appeals and exam stress
How your feedback makes a difference
Here are just some of the improvements we have made in response to student feedback:
Join your academic society for free
You can join your academic society for free if it is directly linked to your course.
Improved lecture capture use
A new lecture capture policy was developed with students to make sure this helpful teaching tool is used more widely. This was introduced following campaigning by Kent Union and students.
Even more study abroad opportunities
Kent has expanded its range of study abroad opportunities with a network of over 190 universities across 39 countries.
Assessment and feedback
Following feedback from almost 3,500 students, we worked with Kent Union to establish standardised assessment and feedback guidelines.
Following your feedback and a campaign by the Kent Union Education Officer, the University opened the libraries 24/7 at Canterbury and Medway, during term time.
Find out more on our student experience webpages.
Acting on feedback
A new group has been established to review core student surveys and ensure your feedback is being used to inform change.
The group will also make sure you know about these changes.