European Diploma Supplement
The Diploma Supplement Label
In December 2013 the Vice-Chancellor received a letter from the European Commission Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA) congratulating the University of Kent on its successful renewal of the Diploma Supplement Label. The decision was made based on an assessment of the application against the award criteria, specified in the ECTS DS Guidelines for applications and in the assessment forms published on the EACEA website.
The University of Kent is currently just one of only three universities in the UK that hold the Diploma Supplement Label. There are 169 label holders across Europe.
In 2009 Kent became one of the first three UK universities to obtain a European Diploma Supplement Label from the European Commission Education Audiovisual & Culture Executive Agency which recognizes an institution has .. "committed itself to the rigorous application of the Diploma Supplement and has proven excellence in its implementation".
What is the Diploma Supplement?
This supplementary document aids recognition of UK qualifications when applying for overseas work and study opportunities, by providing a clear and detailed description of academic curriculum and competencies.
How do I get a Diploma Supplement?
Supplements are only available for students who graduated in June 2005 or later.
To download and print a copy, login to the Secure Document System.
What information does the Diploma Supplement contain?
The document is written in English and contains:
- Identification of the qualification holder: name, date of birth, student institution identification number/code.
- Identification of the qualification and its originating institution: name of qualification, name and type of awarding institution, language(s) of instruction and examination.
- Information on the level of qualifications: level of qualification, access requirements, main fields of study for the qualification.
- Information on the contents and results obtained: mode of study, normal length of programme, programme requirements, courses/modules/units studied, individual grades obtained, ECTS grade, grading scheme and grade distribution, award classification.
- Function of the qualification: qualification title, further study opportunities (e.g. postgraduate), any professional status conferred.
- Additional Information: any additional information and further sources as relevant.
- Certification of the Supplement: date and signature, official stamp or seal.
- Information on the National Higher Education system of the country issuing the diploma: overview of the educational system and awards structure of the awarding country.
European Diploma Supplement aims:
- Promoting transparency within higher education.
- Taking into account changes in qualifications.
- Aiding mobility and access to further study and employment abroad.
- Providing fair and informed information relating to qualifications.
Diploma Supplement queries
If you have any queries relating to the Diploma Supplement, please contact us.