First year students (mentees) can be paired with an experienced student (mentor) to get informal advice on university life and study.
Mentors are usually from the same course as mentees and are specially trained to support you to develop the specific study skills you will need for your course.
The kinds of support mentors offer are:
- Share tips and advice on university life
- Help with time management and organisation
- Subject-specific study skills support
- Sign-posting of support and resources
How does it work?
- Register your interest with your school/division
- Your school will match you with your mentor
- You might work with your mentor 1:1 or as part of a group
- Meet up regularly to share your experiences and ask for guidance
Mentors give up their time to help newer students to succeed. Therefore you are expected to:
- Respond to your mentor’s emails
- Attend meetings as agreed with your mentor
- Let your mentor and school co-ordinator know if you no longer wish to be mentored
If you would like to find out more, or register to get a mentor, check out our APM Moodle module for mentees or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.