Join Kent Sport!
Members of the community can join Kent Sport with a Public membership. Situated at the University of Kent, minutes from Canterbury and Whitstable, Kent Sport offers facilities among the best in the region.
Choose from an annual membership or try one-month membership offers during University vacation periods
During the quieter University vacation periods, Kent Sport offer one-month Gold memberships at 50% off regular price, to give everyone the opportunity to try Kent Sport facilities on a short-term basis. This summer vacation, you can purchase and use your membership from the 1 June to 1 September. Kent Sport has some of the highest-quality and accessible equipment in the county. You are now able to rent bikes free of charge as a Gold or Silver member through our new development; the Cycle Hub.
Kent Sport Gold membership benefits
- Unlimited access to all sports facilities including the fitness suite, sports halls and the pitches
- Entry to all fitness and dance classes
- Unlimited visits
- Seven day advance bookings
- Free equipment hire
- Discounts on recreational courses, fitness and nutritional consultations and at the Kent Sport Physiotherapy Clinic
- Free access to fitness competitions including Xercise Factor and Fit 4 the Beach
- Free access to FitnessFest and Kent Sport Gladiators events
- Silver membership at Boughton Golf Club worth £99
- Access to the Invicta Athletics track during training sessions; times and dates are on the club website
- Access to Kent Sport Cycle Hub
- Parking refunded for public members for up to two hours.
Please note: anyone in full-time education is entitled to the below junior rate (you must be able to present a valid student card or form of ID).
One-month membership - 1 June to 1 September inclusive
||Adult||Junior (16 to 18 or in full-time education)||How to join|
|Gold||£34.50||£27||Join at the Sports Centre or Pavilion receptions.|
Full membership prices and details
|Booking 7 days in advance||✓||✓||3 days|
|Fitness suite||✓||Off-peak times apply*||£6.20|
|1/2 Astro or 3G booking||✓||✓||£6.20|
|Whole pitch booking||✓||✓||£12.40|
|Indoor tennis courts||✓||✓||£6.20|
|Whole hall booking||✓||✓||£12.40|
|Initial fitness consultation|
|Sports pack (towel, water bottle, headphones)||£7||£7||£10|
*Weekdays 7am to 9am and 2pm to 4pm, Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays10am to 12pm.
- Membership is non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Price quoted inclusive of discount. Normally adult £69 and junior £54.
- That an additional fee is required for: fitness assessments; exercise programmes and some courses/events.
Please be sure to review Kent Sport membership terms and conditions.
If you have any membership questions or enquiries please contact the Membership Services Manager
Public members parking - a parking ticket should be purchased from the pay and display machine in the visitor car park by the Sports Centre or Pavilion. Please present the ‘refund ticket stub’ section at reception for a full reimbursement.