Dr. Athanasios (Thanos) Vostanis
Thanos completed his Bachelor’s Degree in Philosophy, Pedagogy and Psychology at the University of Athens and completed his MSc in Applied Behaviour Analysis (Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities) at the Tizard Centre in 2014. Thanos is certified as a Qualified Teacher (QTS), a CABAS Teacher Level 1 and a Behaviour Analyst (BCBA). He has also received training in the Morningside Model of Generative Instruction (MMGI).
- Evaluating the application of Precision Teaching to non-academic skills (e.g., social skills, fine motor skills)
- Investigating the underlying principles of learning and performance (Celeration, Learning Channels and Fluency)
- Combining Precision Teaching with evidence-based educational strategies to teach academic skills
- Response to Intervention and Multi-Tiered approaches to education
- Combining Precision Teaching with Cognitive Neuroscience
Thanos primarily teaches on the postgraduate courses in Applied Behaviour Analysis and Positive Behaviour Support where he supervises practice-based work and dissertations. He also teaches in other related Tizard courses.
Thanos supervises research on behavioural interventions for adults and children with IDD. He supervises research on using Precision Teaching in special education or mainstream schools. He also supervises research combining Precision Teaching with other fields.
Member of the UK Society for the Advancement of Behaviour Analysis (UK-SBA)
Member of the Standard Celeration Society (SCS)