The Centre is run by the Theoretical Reasoning research cluster of the philosophy department.
University staff who are members of the Centre include:
- Gordana Fontana-Giusti (arts in architecture and urban design)
- Martin Michaelis (cancer, scientific method)
- Howard Bowman (human reasoning, connectionist and symbolic modelling)
- Olaf Chitil (logics for programming)
- Dominique Chu (bio-inspired intelligence)
- Alex Freitas (knowledge discovery, bio-inspired intelligence)
- Colin Johnson (computational intelligence)
- Stefan Kahrs (logics for programming)
- Andy King (logic programming)
- Dominic Orchard (logical perspectives of programming languages and semantics)
- Scott Owens (automated reasoning, mechanized theorem proving)
- Peter Rodgers (diagrammatic reasoning)
- Simon Thompson (logics for programming, diagrammatic reasoning)
- Farzin Deravi (shape and texture recognition)
- Konstantinos Sirlantzis (pattern recognition, classification, AI)
- Murray Smith (connections between sciences & humanities)
- Per Laleng (tort law and causation)
- Robin Mackenzie (medical law and ethics)
- Sebastian Payne (philosophy of law, philosophy and psychology of decision making)
- Stephen Pethick (philosophy of law, legal reasoning)
- Geoffrey Samuel (legal reasoning, legal epistemology)
- Sally Sheldon (health care law and ethics)
- David Corfield (reasoning in mathematics, medicine and machine learning)
- Graeme Forbes (time, causation and methodology)
- Simon Kirchin (moral reasoning)
- Lubomira Radoilska (practical reasoning, philosophical psychology and philosophy of action)
- Jon Williamson (causal and probabilistic reasoning and its automation)
- Michael Wilde (medical methodology, epistemology)
- John Dore (water, scientific method)
Social Policy, Sociology, Social Research
- Eryl Bassett (theory of inference)
- Philip Brown (multivariate analysis, medical statistics, Bayesian methods)
- Alfred Kume (shape analysis, directional statistics)
- Owen Lyne (applied probability, simulation, statistical inference)
- Byron Morgan (biometry, cluster analysis, psychological applications)
- Martin Ridout (discrete data in biology, generalized linear models)
Previous Centre for Reasoning Research Fellows
- Federica Alberti (game theory)
- Alberto Moraglio (genetic programming)
- Christian Wallmann: 10 February 2014 - 30 April 2014.
- Kevin Korb: 29 March 2013 - 31 March 2013.
- Soroush Rad: 15 November 2012 - 28 February 2013.
- Martin Adamcik: 15 September 2012 - 16 November 2012.
- Jeff Paris, Alena Vencovska, George Wilmers: 12-14 September 2012.
- Bert Leuridan (Philosophy, Ghent): September to December 2011.
- Jan Lemeire (Electronics and Informatics, Brussels): February to April 2010.
- Jan-Willem Romeijn (Philosophy, Groningen): 2008.
If you would like to be on the mailing list, would like to become a member of the centre or would like to visit the centre, please contact Jon Williamson.