Cumberland Lodge Scholarship
Various Benefits (External Link)
Seven scholarships available for doctoral students studying at universities in the UK. Scholars are required to commit to six days plus two evening engagements per year, in addition to reading and preparation time.
The Scholarship involves:
- An annual weekend retreat;
- Participating in two conferences per year;
- Facilitation and public engagement roles at conferences;
- Collaborating with other scholars for a presentation of the key findings of conferences;
- Attending the Annual Lecture and dinner;
- Writing articles and blogs following conferences;
- Acting as an ambassador for Cumberland Lodge
Benefits of the Scholarship include:
- Mentoring in intellectual leadership;
- Involvement in cross disciplinary debates on important social and ethical issues;
- Training in communications and public engagement;
- Networking opportunities with senior academics and people in public life;
- A personal development grant of up to £300;
- Free food, accommodation and travel while staying at Cumberland Lodge.
Applicants must be studying for a doctorate at a university in the United Kingdom, and be able to commit to a two year programme. It is likely they will be in the first or second year of their doctorate.
Applications to become a Cumberland Lodge Scholar will open in March 2019.