The Cuba Scholarship
Cost of flights and maintenance grant.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to offer 3-4 postgraduate students the chance to travel to Cuba accompanied by a University donor, experiencing the life and culture of this vibrant Caribbean island between April and May 2018 (final dates to be determined).
The visit will encompass a series of cultural activities in Cuba including visits to Havana and the nearby village of Viñales. Accommodation for the group will partly be located at the donors residence and other accommodation equivalent to Bed and Breakfast facilities.
The award includes flights to Cuba and a small maintenance grant towards accommodation and subsistence whilst in Cuba. The amount of the grant will be dependent upon the number of awardees and successful candidates should be prepared to fund other associated expenses.
Further trip details can be found here (docx)
- Candidates must be a registered postgraduate student either on a research or taught programme of study.
- Applicants must be of good academic standing.
- UK, EU and Overseas fee paying students are invited to apply.
- Candidates from both full-time and part-time courses are eligible to apply.
- Students will be required to make appropriate visa arrangements and cover related payments.
- The ability to speak Spanish will be advantageous.
How to apply
- Candidates must submit a CV and a covering letter (1000-1500 words) addressing the following:
- Why a trip to Cuba would enhance your academic career and professional aspiration.
- How this trip would contribute to your research interest.
- Email CV and covering letter to email@example.com by the closing date, Sunday 5 November 2017.
- Applicants must be able to attend an interview panel. The interview is scheduled to be held week commencing 27 November 2017.
Sunday 5 November 2017