Chinese Government Scholarships
The Scholarships cover tuition fees, university dormitory or accommodation subsidy, a monthly stipend, and medical insurance.
In order to promote the mutual understanding, co-operation, and exchanges in politics, economy, culture, education, and trade between the People’s Republic of China and the United Kingdom, the Chinese Government is offering the Chinese Government Scholarship to non-Chinese citizens.
The Chinese Government Scholarship is administered by the China Scholarship Council in association with the Embassy of the People’s Republic of China in the UK.
The Scholarship provides an opportunity for both undergraduate and postgraduate students to spend the 2019-20 academic year studying at a Chinese higher education institution.
Full details of the scholarship can be found here: http://www.campuschina.org/content/details3_74781.html
Details of participating Chinese universities can be found on the following web pages: http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua/ and http://www.campuschina.org/
To be eligible to apply for the scholarship, applicants must be:
- A current registered student at The University of Kent
- A passport holder of United Kingdom, and be in good health. Applicants of other nationalities should apply for the scholarship via the Chinese Embassy in their home countries.
- A high school graduate under the age of 25 when applying for undergraduate programs;
- A bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for master’s programs;
- A master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs;
- Under the age of 45 and have completed at least two years of undergraduate study when applying for general scholar programs;
- A master’s degree holder or an associate professor (or above) under the age of 50 when applying for senior scholar programs.
How to apply
Please provide the Scholarships Unit with the following information on one Word document.
Email the Word document to email@example.com by the deadline of Wednesday 13 February 2019
· Family Name
· First Name
· University of Kent ID (8 digits)
· University of Kent email address
Study at the University of Kent
· Course Title
· Level of study (undergraduate or postgraduate)
· Course start date
· Course end date
Proposed Study in China
· Name of first choice Host Institution
· Name of second choice Host Institution
· Name of third choice Host Institution
Statement to Support your application
Provide an original statement of approximately 500 words outlining:
· How you would benefit from (a) studying in China, and (b) from receiving the Chinese Government Scholarship.
The applications will be assessed by a University of Kent panel to decide which applicants the University will nominate to be considered for the Scholarship.
The applicants who have been nominated will be notified by the University and will then make their application for the Chinese Government Scholarship. Full information on how to make this application will be provided at this stage.
Please note that a nomination does not guarantee that the applicant will be awarded the scholarship – this decision is made by the China Scholarship Council.
The China Scholarship Council will inform successful applicants by the end of March 2019.
The deadline for this scholarship for 2019/20 has passed. Details for 2020/21 will be published here when available