British Council GREAT Scholarship: China, India, Malaysia, Thailand, Turkey
The GREAT Scholarships programme is funded jointly by the UK Government's GREAT Britain campaign, British Council and the University of Kent, as part of the Study UK campaign.
We are delighted to offer 6 dedicated scholarships of £10,000 to Chinese, Indian, Malaysian, Thai and Turkish passport holders, available to applicants applying for a taught master's programme based at one of our UK campuses. The award will go towards one year of tuition fees.
For details about how to apply, please read all the information on this page. For general information about the scholarship scheme, please visit the British Council's website.
To be eligible for a scholarship, you must:
- be a citizen of one of the programme's countries: China, India, Malaysia,Thailand or Turkey, and be assessed as an overseas fee payer.
- have received a conditional offer and have accepted this before the deadline date of 30 April 2020
- be active in the field with work experience or proven interest in the subject area
- be willing to embody the UK Higher Education experience, by attending lectures and tutorials and engaging with extra-curricular activities, and act as an ambassador for UK Higher Education, by promoting the value of studying at a UK HEI
- be willing to establish an engagement with the UK as a scholar, through personal and academic fulfilment
- Represent the high standards of the GREAT brand by becoming an advocate for scholarships
- be willing to attend a networking event of all UK-based GREAT scholars, to discuss experiences and capture perceptions of studying in the UK
How to apply
Applications for the British Council GREAT scholarship must be made via your applicant portal. Once logged in, click on the applications tab, and select your submitted application. Click on the funding button. You will then see a list of scholarships that you may be eligible to apply for. You will be able to apply for the GREAT Scholarship once you have received an offer. Click on Apply and follow the steps to submit your application. As part of your application you will need to upload an essay, which should be submitted as either a Word or PDF document. For this essay, please write no more than 500 words about a topic you have studied previously and why you found it interesting. This topic should be related to or have inspired you to apply for your chosen degree programme.
If you have applied for a programme with the Medway School of Pharmacy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholarships will be awarded based on the information provided on your application to the University of Kent, together with the clear thinking and motivation shown in the submitted essay.
The University of Kent reserves the right not to allocate the awards if the selection panel identifies no suitable candidates.
The British Council GREAT Scholarship is subject to full terms and conditions which will be provided to successful candidates at the point of award.
If you have any questions regarding the International Scholarships, then please contact email@example.com
30 April 2020