Kent Business School International Research Scholarship
Kent Business School International Research Scholarships are awarded to students with excellent research potential. This is a three-year PhD studentship, which includes Overseas tuition fees, and a stipend of £14,777 per annum (2018/2019 fees).
This Scholarship takes the form of a three-year Graduate Teaching Assistantship (GTA) meaning PhD students who intend to study at Kent Business School receive financial support (a combined salary and maintenance grant) in return for undertaking some part-time teaching. Terms and Conditions, and Conditions of Service, can be found on the Scholarship pages.
- Successful candidates will demonstrate excellent research potential and will have obtained a First or 2:1 Undergraduate degree, along with a Master's with Distinction, in a relevant subject (current Masters students can submit a partial transcript).
- Applicants must have a minimum overall score of 7.0 in an IELTS test. This requirement is waived, if an applicant is a national of a majority English-speaking country, or has completed a qualification equivalent to a UK Bachelor's degree in a majority English-speaking country.
- Successful applications will normally meet all of the qualifications criteria (degrees and IELTs score). However, applicants falling short of these but with an exceptional research proposal and references, may be considered.
- Open to applicants from any country. Please note that overseas students must have the appropriate documentation to evidence eligibility to work in the UK. Further information can be found on these guidance pages.
- Open to all new postgraduate research applicants, applying for September entry (current Kent research students are not eligible).
- Please note that this scholarship cannot be deferred.
How to apply
Applicants are asked to Submit a formal application
to study for a PhD by 29 March 2019 for September 2019 entry.
Applicants will automatically be considered for this scholarship if they have met the stated criteria and have applied for a PhD programme at Kent Business School by 29 March 2019. Please note candidates who have not made a full application for a Kent Business School PhD cannot be considered for funding.
Skype interviews for successful shortlisted applicants will take place in April/May 2019
29 March 2019