• Successful candidates will demonstrate excellent research potential and will have obtained a First or 2:1 Undergraduate degree, along with a Master's with Distinction, in a relevant subject (current Masters students can submit a partial transcript).
• Applicants must have a minimum overall score of 7.0 in an IELTS test. This requirement is waived, if an applicant is a national of a majority English-speaking country, or has completed a qualification equivalent to a UK Bachelor's degree in a majority English-speaking country.
• Successful applications will normally meet all of the qualifications criteria (degrees and IELTs score). However, applicants falling short of these but with an exceptional research proposal and references, may be considered.
• Open to applicants from any country. Please note that overseas students must have the appropriate documentation to evidence eligibility to work in the UK. Further information can be found on these guidance pages
• Open to all new postgraduate research applicants, applying for September entry (current Kent research students are not eligible).
• Scholarship cannot be deferred.