Barbara Harris Scholarship for Kent Business School Students
£1,000 per year
A generous donation has been received by the University of Kent in memory of Barbara Harris, the first Bursar of Eliot College. The gift provides two scholarships worth £1,000 each for each year of study (renewable on an annual basis, subject to satisfactory academic progress). The £1,000 will be paid direct to students - £500 at the end of December each year and £500 at the end of March each year.
- Be a UK resident classed as a 'Home' student.
- Have studied at a UK state secondary school in Kent.
- Permanently reside in the postcode areas of CT1 to CT21 or CT50.
- Have achieved a minimum of two As and one B at 'A' level (or equivalent).
- Have been made an offer to study on one of the following full-time undergraduate degree course at Kent starting in September 2020 (the start date cannot be deferred):
1. Accounting and Finance - Canterbury
2. Business and Management - Medway
3. Finance and Investment - Medway
4. International Business - Canterbury
5. Management - Canterbury
6. Marketing - Canterbury
This scholarship may be held in conjunction with a University bursary. It is not available to students already studying for an undergraduate degree.
How to apply
Write an essay of 500 words, outlining why you would like to receive the Barbara Harris Scholarship to support your studies at the University of Kent.
Add the following information to your essay heading:
1. Your full name
2. Your University of Kent ID number
3. The name of the secondary school you attended.
Email your essay to S.A.Robinson@kent.ac.uk
The deadline for applications is Midnight 30 October 2020.
30 October 2020