School of English Fully-Funded Scholarship
Scholarships will be offered at the standard UK Research Councils rate and administered under the Graduate Teaching Assistant Scheme, further details of which can be found at: http://www.kent.ac.uk/scholarships/postgraduate/gta.html
For the 2017/18 academic year the School of English will be offering one School of English PhD scholarship with the above terms and conditions. Please make your application to study by the 30 January 2017.
- Candidates must hold a good Honours degree (First or 2i) or a Masters degree at merit or distinction in a relevant subject or equivalent.
- The scholarship competition is open to all new postgraduate research applicants.
- Current Kent research students are not eligible for this scholarship.
- UK, EU and overseas fee paying students are invited to apply. Please note that overseas students must have the appropriate documentation to evidence eligibility to work in the UK. Further information can be found at:http://www.kent.ac.uk/human-resources/immigration/right-to-work/acceptable-documents.htm
Scholarships are awarded to exceptional students. Successful applicants will normally meet all of the following criteria unless both the research proposal and references are exceptional:
- Distinction at Master's level in a relevant subject
- Score of 8.0 in IELT test (where applicable) - all PhD scholarship students carry out teaching duties
- First at undergraduate level if still completing a Master's programme
How to apply
All applicants who have submitted an application by the 30 January 2017 will be considered for this scholarship.
The 2017 deadline has now passed.