School of Psychology Taught Master's Scholarships 2017
The School of Psychology offers scholarships of £1,000 to applicants of any tuition fee paying status registering on one of our taught MSc programmes in September 2017.
Value and availability
- Receive a £1,000 discount on tuition fees
- Up to seven awards are available for entry in 2017
- Scholarships are allocated to applicants who meet the general award criteria outlined below on a competitive basis, applications will be ranked by a selection panel.*
General award criteria
To be eligible for a Scholarship all of the following criteria must be met:
- The applicant must have achieved an excellent result in their Psychology undergraduate degree. See table below for minimum requirements from various countries. This list is not exhaustive, qualifications from other countries will be considered on an individual basis
|Country||Minimum grade required for Scholarship (assuming qualification is deemed comparable to UK Bachelor Honours degree)|
|China||85% overall average|
|India||First class with distinction|
|Malaysia||Class 1/I OR CGPA of 3.5 out of 4.0|
|Turkey||CGPA of 3.5 out of 4.0|
|USA||CGPA of 3.5 out of 4.0|
|UK||First class honours|
- and the applicant must become a full-time registered student of one of these courses in September 2017:
- and the student must demonstrate a commitment to PhD study at the University of Kent.
How to apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org before 31 July 2017 with a cover letter and CV.
Your request will be considered when you have received and accepted an offer of a place on one of the aforementioned MSc programmes, and have satisfied any conditions which the offer is subject to.
Note that an offer of a place on an MSc programme does not constitute an offer of funding.
*The School of Psychology reserves the right not to allocate the awards if the selection panel identifies no suitable candidates. The Academic Excellence Scholarship is subject to full terms and conditions which will be provided to successful candidates at the point of award.