Professor Theresa Gannon
Director of the Centre of Research & Education in Forensic Psychology
Deputy Head of School
Professor of Forensic Psychology
Chartered Forensic Psychologist
Current research students
- Emma Barrowcliffe: Identifying and assessing the characteristics of unapprehended fire setters living in the general population
- Helen Butler: An investigation of fire expertise, fire scripts, and fire interest in male incarcerated firesetters.
- Alisha O'Connor: TBC
- Becky Wyatt: The development of a risk assessment for mentally disordered firesetters.
Past research students
- Dr Magali Barnoux: Qualitative investigation of firesetting in male prisoners
- Dr Nichola Tyler: An evaluation of mentally disordered firesetters
- Dr Emily Blake: The social cognitions of rapists and rape prone men (2013)
- Dr Kirsten Keown (Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand) obtained her PhD in 2009. Kirsten’s PhD investigated the offence-supportive beliefs (or cognitive distortions) of male child molesters using cognitive-experimental tasks such as the lexical decision task. Email her to find out more: firstname.lastname@example.org.