Professor Heather J Ferguson
Professor of Psychology
Current PhD supervision
- Martina De Lillo (1st supervisor), Title TBA. Funder: European Research Council.
- Mahsa Barzy (1st supervisor), Title TBA. Funder: Leverhulme Trust.
- Rachael Morris (2nd supervisor), Title ‘The effect of Galvanic Vestibular Stimulation on attention’. Funder: University of Kent 50th Anniversary Research Scholarship.
- Nilda Karoğlu (2nd supervisor), Title ‘Theory of Mind, sexual offending against children and cognitive distortions: An analysis of quantity and content in Theory of Mind’.
Completed PhD supervision
- Jumana Ahmad (1st supervisor; 2014), 'An electrophysiological and computational exploration of the working memory deficit in developmental dyslexia'
- Eiman Alismail (1st supervisor; 2014), 'The role of familiarity in action understanding and imitation: investigating mirror neurons in Saudi children with ASD'
- David Atkins (2nd supervisor; 2014), 'Culture and empathy'
- Serena Vanzan (2nd supervisor; 2015), 'The effects of Caloric Vestibular Stimulation on Persistent Vegetative and Minimally Conscious States'
- Miriam Tresh (1st supervisor; 2016), 'Mental simulations of language in individuals with and without Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)'
- Laura Smith (2nd supervisor; 2016), 'Neuro-stimulation in traumatic brain injury'