Student Support Manager and Student Equality Representative
The Student Support Manager is a member of the School's Personal Academic Support System.
Sometimes you might experience problems that can impact on your ability to study. Problems may be academic, personal or health-related. The role of the Student Support Manager is to provide advice and assistance to undergraduate and postgraduate students to help you overcome such problems.
The Student Support Manager can give advice on the following:
- Any academic, personal or health problem that might affect your ability to study
- Issues relating to mental health, disability, dyslexia or other long term health problems
- Applying for concessions
- Equality and Diversity issues
- How to give feedback or make a complaint
- Advice regarding Inclusive Learning Plans and the implementation of provisions
The Student Support Manager is not an expert in all these fields. However, she is able to ensure that you can access the relevant help and support. Sometimes this might involve referring you to one of the many Student Support Services (Student Services and Study Support) available on campus.