Fanny completed her BSc and MSc in Psychology (2008-2013) and a PhD in Social Psychology (2013-2019) at the University of Geneva, Switzerland. She is now a postdoctoral Research Associate here in Kent, working with Dominic Abrams and his lab.
Fanny's research interests revolve around social influence, attitude and behaviour change, motivation and goal systems, moral and prosocial behaviour, identity and group systems.
- Lalot, F., Quiamzade, A., & Zerhouni, O. (in press). Regulatory focus and self-determination motives interact to predict students’ nutrition habit intentions. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Applied. https://doi.org/10.1037/xap0000196
- Lalot, F., Quiamzade, A., Falomir-Pichastor, J.M., & Gollwitzer, P.M. (2019). When does self-identity predict intention to act green? A self-completion account relying on past behaviour and majority-minority support for pro-environmental values. Journal of Environmental Psychology, 61, 79-92. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvp.2019.01.002
- Ahvenharju, S., Minkkinen, M., & Lalot, F. (2018). The five dimensions of Futures Consciousness. Futures, 104, 1-13. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.futures.2018.06.010
- Falomir-Pichastor, J.M., Mugny, G., Frederic, N., Berent, J., & Lalot, F. (2018). Motivation to maintain a nonprejudiced identity: The moderating role of normative context and justification for prejudice on moral licensing. Social Psychology, 49(3), 168-181. https://doi.org/10.1027/1864-9335/a000339
- Lalot, F., Falomir-Pichastor, J.M., & Quiamzade, A. (2018). Compensation and consistency effects in proenvironmental behaviour: The moderating role of majority and minority support for proenvironmental values. Group Processes & Intergroup Relations, 21(3), 403-421. https://doi.org/10.1177/1368430217733117
- Lalot, F., Quiamzade, A., & Falomir-Pichastor, J.M. (2018). Is regulatory focus related to minimal and maximal standards? Depends on how you ask! European Journal of Social Psychology, 48, 174-186. https://doi.org/10.1002/ejsp.2314
- Lalot, F. Cantarella, M., Zerhouni, O., Joly, E., Quiamzade, A., Falomir-Pichastor, J.M., Desrichard, O., & Bègue, L. (2017). Assessing private and public need for uniqueness: Validation of French versions of the Need of Uniqueness (NfU) and Self-Attributed Need for Uniqueness (SANU) scales. Journal of Personality Assessment.https://doi.org/10.1080/00223891.2017.1394867
- Lalot, F., Zerhouni, O., & Pinelli, M. (2017). “I wanna be the very best!” Agreeableness and perseverance predict sustained playing to Pokémon Go: A longitudinal study. Games for Health Journal, 6(5), 271-278. https://doi.org/10.1089/g4h.2017.0051
- Lalot, F., Delplanque, S., & Sander, D. (2014). Mindful regulation of positive emotions: A comparison with reappraisal and expressive suppression. Frontiers in Psychology, 5. https://doi.org/10.3389/fpsyg.2014.00243
Grants and awards