- Parental influence on children's social and emotional development
- Adults' perception and attitudes towards children
- Child psychotherapy
Vaida is primarily interested in how parents' behaviours and ways of communication with children relate to children's emotional and social development. She is looking into how parent-child interactions differ, and how those differences are associated with the development of specific psychological traits and reactions in children.
In Vaida's PhD, she focuses on perfectionism in parent-child interactions.
Funding and grants
- The Leverhulme Trust Grant (2018-2021)
- Postgraduate Scholarship for high marks (2017) - Vytautas Magnus University
- Postgraduate Tuition Grant (2015-2017) - Government of Lithuania
- Undergraduate Scholarship for high marks (2011 & 2012) - Vytautas Magnus University
- Undergraduate Tuition Grant (2011-2015) - Government of Lithuania
Presentations and posters
- Jakubauskaite, V. & Sinkariova, L. (2017, June). The Impact of Different Information Sources on the Correlation Between Teachers' Factual and Perceived Knowledge of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Poster session presented at the Lithuanian Congress of Psychology, Vilnius, Lithuania.
- Jakubauskaite, V. & Sinkariova L. (2017, April). Factual and Perceived Knowledge of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) in Primary School Teachers. Presented at the 19th International Research Symposium, Kaunas, Lithuania.