Student ambassador recruitment for 2019/20
13 May 2019
We are pleased to announce the next round of recruitment for our student ambassadors for the 2019/20 academic year.
We are looking for enthusiastic, confident and self-motivated students to assist in providing campus tours, promoting the School at Open and Applicant days as well as our dedicated Politics at Kent events. There will also be opportunities for work on our social media channels via student takeovers and Q&A sessions.
Most of these activities will take place Wednesday afternoons and Saturdays, so candidates should be flexible and able to work these days.
Ambassadors play a key role in promoting the School to applicants and we look for the following attributes:
- Strong communication and presentation skills, being able to actively discuss and promote both your programme of study and the 'student experience' both at School and university level,
- Excellent people skills, you should be as comfortable talking to large groups as you would be talking to visitors on a one to one basis,
- Team-work and initiative, the ability to work well with other Ambassadors and to take the initiative when meeting with visitors.
Successful candidates will receive training from both the Partnership Development Office and the School to prepare them for the role. Please note that successful candidates must be available for training on Wednesday 2 October from 1-3pm.
Please note that the ambassador scheme is open to all current first year and second year undergraduate students, as well as those students returning from their year abroad.
If you would like to apply for the role, please send via email:
- A statement of no more than 250 words explaining your motivation and
- A CV of no more than two sides outlining your most relevant experience
Please ensure 'student ambassador application' is included in the subject of your email and send your completed application to Amy Dimmock: A.Dimmock@kent.ac.uk
Opening date: Wednesday 8 May 2019
Closing date: Midday, Wednesday 22 May 2019
Interviews expected to take place: Tuesday 28 May 2019, successful candidates will be invited to interview on Friday 24 May.