Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity
- The School is committed to equality of opportunity in both work and study regardless of your gender, age, marital status, family circumstance, ethnic or social background, disability, political or religious belief, trade union membership, sexual orientation, gender identity, type of employment contract, or any other irrelevant distinction.
- The School is committed to supporting a diverse environment which makes for a more interesting and stimulating place to work and study.
- The School believes that an inclusive environment enables both staff and students to develop their skills and realise their potential more effectively.
For more information on Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity at Kent including policies, procedures and guidelines visit the University Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity homepage.
Staff and academic support
- Global Skills Award
- For masters students.
- GRADnet videoconference schedule
- Promotion, regrading and salary review
- Research Services
- Including Grants Factory, Horizon 2020 and funding.
- Researcher Development Programme
- For postgraduate and postdoc students.
- Counselling services
- Family friendly policies
- Including adoption leave, paternity/maternity leave and flexible working.
- Staff wellbeing
- Including special leave, critical illness and occupational health.
- Work life balance
- Including career break, job share and study leave for staff.