Colleagues who would like to learn more about the University in the news, or working proactively or reactively with the media, should contact the Press Office.
Recent selected coverage for w/c September 10:
- Will Your Style Change With Age? Study Reveals Different Pressures on Men and Women – Professor Julia Twigg – Inverse. Read our press release here. Also featured in Boston CBS, Kent Online and Business Standard.
- A tool used to track crime could reduce conflict between humans and wild animals – Dr Matthew Struebig – QZ.com. Read our press release here.
- Freshers’ guide to what to take to university – from those who’ve done it – Rowena Bicknell, student social media officer for Canterbury – The Guardian.
- Sunspot Solar Observatory finally releases statement amid mounting conspiracy theories a week after it shut down – Aleksandra Cichocka – The Daily Mail.
- The toxic legacy of parent shaming – and the damage it does to children – Professor Frank Furedi – The Conversation.
- Regional winners from across the country are announced – Dr Scott Wildman – FENews.co.uk.
- Radio Kent interview with Rose Thompson, School of Arts. Starts at 1.30.20. Read our press release here.
- Virus that robs parrots of their plumage has spread around the globe – Deborah Fogell – Nature.com.
- ‘Outdated’ UK abortion laws hampering care for women, doctors say – Professor Ellie Lee – The Independent.
- Former ITV head of news Robin Britton joins KMTV – Kent Online – Read our press release here.
- CIRCLE OR SPHERE? INSIDE THE UK’S FIRST ‘FLAT EARTH’ CONFERENCE – Professor Karen Douglas – Esquire.
Previous selected coverage for September
- Men don’t know how to dress for their age: study – Professor Julia Twigg – The New York Post. Read our press release here. Also featured in Boston CBS, Kent Online and Business Standard.
- Patients want more information about their medicine – Professor Janet Krska – Economic Times. Read our press release here. Also featured in the Deccan Chronicle.
- AI has already been weaponised – and it shows why we should ban ‘killer robots’ – Dr Ingvild Bode – The Conversation.
- Improving the design of metro maps – Peter Lloyd – Intelligent Transport. Read our press release here.
- Geographic profiling tool could help save tigers – Dr Matthew Struebig – Strait Times. Read our press release here.
- American Animals, Sarah-Jane Morris and The Arts Council – Liz Moran and Eleanor Cocks – BBC Radio Kent. Starts at 1.30.
- Sci-Fi Space Wars? – Dr Paul March-Russell – Sputnik News.
- Why flat Earthers and Holocaust-deniers won’t change their mind – Dr Aleksandra Cichocka – The Daily Mail.
- Sweden Democrats: Anti-immigration party with neo-Nazi roots on course to become second biggest in general election – Professor Matthew Goodwin – The Independent.
- BBC Radio Kent discussion on whether misogyny should be a hate crime – Dr Marian Duggan. Starts at 13.30.
- Hillary Clinton lost US election because Democrats were too inclusive: Study – Professor Dominic Abrams – India Blooms.