Colleagues who would like to learn more about the University in the news, or working proactively or reactively with the media, should contact the Press Office.
Recent selected coverage for w/c 4 December:
- ‘Call for lung health screening in top football clubs’ – Dr John Dickinson – The BBC. Also featured in The Evening Standard, BT.com and Healthmedicinet.com, among others. Read our press release here.
- ‘Anti-radicalisation scheme to be rolled out in schools’ – Professor Jane Reeves – BBC News.
- ‘Brexit deal breaks deadlock – experts react’ Dr Feargal Cochrane – The Conversation.
- ‘Critical hours ahead for Theresa May’ – Dr Feargal Cochrane – The Financial Times.
- ‘Children of couples who divorce still suffer the effects decades later: People whose parents split are more likely to be unemployed or sick by their mid-50s’ – Professor Sarah Vickerstaff – The Daily Mail
- ‘DeepMind: can we ever trust a machine to diagnose cancer?’ – Dr Srivas Chennu – The Conversation.
- ‘THE SPACE STATION IS GETTING A NEW GADGET TO DETECT SPACE DEBRIS’ – Dr Mark Burchell – UniversityToday.com.
- ‘Never mind the DUP, Theresa May needs Ireland on side to survive this shambles’ – Dr Feargal Cochrane – The Conversation.
- ‘The Today programme, broadcast live from the University of Kent‘ – BBC
- ‘Does diabetes and obesity cause cancer?’ – Dr James Bentham – KMTV – Read our press release here.
- ‘What NASA’s Mock Space Missions Tell Us About the Need for Martian Law’ – Gbenga Oduntan – Yahoo.com.
- ‘Consumers Buy Organic Food for Taste and Health Reasons, Not Ethics, Study Shows’ – Dr Adelina Gschwandtner – Organic Authority. Also featured in Organic Business. Read our press release here.
- ‘Evidence of an ancient war on Mars or just a rock? Conspiracy theorists claim they have spotted a cannonball on the red planet’ – Professor Karen Douglas – The Daily Mail.
- ‘Abdulrazak Gurnah explores the pain of dislocation, from Zanzibar to England’ – Dr Abdul Razakgurnah – Canadian Broadcasting Corporation– Read our press release here.
- ‘Law student helps win compensation for homeless family’ – Law Society Gazette – Also featured in Legal Cheek. Read our press release here.
- ‘Extreme seasonal changes in Amazon river levels threaten forest conservation by indigenous people’ – Dr Richard Bodmer – Mongabay.com.
- ‘We’ve all heard of Bill Gates, but why are so few UK philanthropists well known?’ – Dr Beth Breeze – The Independent.