The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T +44 (0)1227 764000
Laptop and netbook loans
Kent students can borrow netbooks and laptops to use within the Library.
Self service laptop loans
You can borrow a laptop from the self-service cabinet next to IT & Library Support Desk on Level 2 Centre.
Signing out a laptop
You'll need to scan your KentOne card to check it out against your Library account. Instructions are on-screen on the laptop cabinet on Level 2.
Using a laptop
- You are responsible for its safe return, so don't leave it unattended.
- When finished with it, please return it straight away so it can be re-charged for others to use.
- Report any issues to Support Desk on Level 2 Centre, or Welcome Desk when Support Desk is closed.
- If you'll be working for hours, use a student PC instead as it's better for your body: tips on safe laptop usage.
Returning a laptop
- You need to return it to the same cabinet/shelf as instructed on the screen. This is because not all the power cables are the same.
- Plug the power cable back in to check it back in against your account. Keep your return receipt.
- Help yourself to a netbook from a cabinet on any floor of the Templeman Library.
- A green light means it's fully charged.
- When finished: return the netbook and plug it in for the next person.
What can I access?
Using netbooks and laptops you can: