Laptop and netbook loans
Kent students can borrow netbooks and laptops to use within the Library.
Self service laptop loans
You can borrow a laptop from the self-service cabinets on Ground Floor East and Floor 1 West.
Signing out a laptop
You'll need to scan your KentOne card to check it out against your Library account. Instructions are on-screen on the laptop cabinets.
Using a laptop
- You are responsible for its safe return, so don't leave it unattended.
- When finished with it, please return it straight away so it can be re-charged for others to use.
- Report any issues to the IT & Library Support Desk in Templeman West, or the Welcome Desk when the Support Desk is closed.
- If you'll be working for hours, use a student PC instead as it's better for your body: tips on safe laptop usage.
Returning a laptop
- You need to return it to the same cabinet/shelf as instructed on the screen. This is because not all the power cables are the same.
- Plug the power cable back in to check it back in against your account. Keep your return receipt.
- Help yourself to a netbook from a cabinet on any floor of the Templeman Library.
- A green light means it's fully charged.
- When finished: return the netbook and plug it in for the next person.
What can I access?
Using netbooks and laptops you can: