If the book or journal article you need is not held by the Templeman Library, but is held by the Drill Hall Library (Medway Campus) or Tonbridge Centre Library, you can make an inter-site loan request for that item.
Who can use the service?
University of Kent students and staff.
How do I request an item?
Use the online inter-site loan request form, or a paper form at the Loan Desk or the IT & Library Support Desk.
How will I know when I can collect the item?
You get an email to your Kent address when each item is ready for collection.
- Items from the Drill Hall Library normally take 2 to 4 working days to arrive
- Items from Tonbridge take up to 7 days to arrive
If you have requested a journal article, usually you will receive the journal volume which contains that article, but sometimes we may have to provide you with a photocopy of the article instead. Please note that any photocopying of requested journal articles will be charged at 5p per page A4 black and white, payable on collection. Colour A4 is charged at 20p per page.
How can I renew an item?
You can renew your inter-site loans:
- online via your Library account
- in person at the Loan Desk on Ground Floor West
- by phone: 01227 82 3572
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- on a Borrow and Renew machine in the Library
Where do I return the item?
Return the item to the Templeman Library:
- in person:
- to the self return machines on Ground Floor West and East
- or to the Loan Desk on Ground Floor West
- when the Library is closed: use the post box at the front of the building
- by post (it is recommended you send items by a secure method):
University of Kent
If you need help or have any questions about this service, email email@example.com.