If the book or journal article you need is not held by the Templeman Library, but is held by the Drill Hall Library (Medway Campus) or Tonbridge Centre Library, you can make an inter-site loan request for that item.
Who can use the service?
This service is available to University of Kent students and staff.
How do I request an item?
You can use the online inter-site loan request form; paper forms are available at the Loan Desk or the IT & Library Support Desk.
How will I know when I can collect the item?
You will be notified by email to your Kent address when each item is ready for collection. Items normally take 2 to 4 working days to arrive.
If you have requested a journal article, usually you will receive the journal volume which contains that article, but sometimes it may be necessary to provide you with a photocopy of the article instead. Please note that any photocopying of requested journal articles will be charged at 5p per page A4 black and white, payable on collection. Colour A4 is charged at 20p per page.
How can I renew an item?
You can renew your inter-site loans:
- online via your Library account
- in person at the Loan Desk on Level 1 East
- by phone: 01227 82 3572
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- or by logging into a Library self-issue machine
Where do I return the item?
Return the item to the Templeman Library:
- in person:
- to the self return machines on Level 1 Centre and Level 1 East
- or to the Loan Desk on Level 1 East
- when the Library is closed: use the post box at the front of the building
- by post (it is recommended you send items by a secure method):
University of Kent
If you need help or have any questions about this service, email email@example.com.