We subscribe to a large number of newspapers, both international and from the UK. They are available in a number of formats, including print and online. Visit the newspaper resources pages for full information and access to online holdings.
Our UK newspapers comprise current issues and archives of historical newspapers and other news sources. Go to the UK newspapers page for access. American newspapers are included in the list of international newspapers.
Nexis provides access to the main UK daily newspapers, including their Sunday editions, as well as international newspapers.
The following archives may be of particular interest to Politics students:
- Economist Historical Archive 1843-2006: complete searchable copy of every issue from 1843 to 2006; includes full-colour images, multiple search indexes, and exportable financial tables
- Financial Times Historical Archive 1888-2008: complete facsimile run of the FT until 2008; fully searchable and browsable
- Times Digital Archive (1785-2010)
- Sunday Times Digital Archive 1822-2006 (from Gale): searchable, full text access to The Sunday Times (1822-2006)
- New York Times (1851-2009) with Index (1851-1993) (from ProQuest Historical Newspapers)
- Guardian & Observer Archive: searchable, full text access to The Guardian (1821-2003) and The Observer (1791-2003)
- Punch Historical Archive 1841-1992: searchable, full text access to Punch, "the world’s most celebrated magazine of humour and satire"
- NewsFilm Online
- UK Press Online: access to the Daily Mirror and the Daily and Sunday Express, plus a number of smaller papers