We recommend browsing any of these sites individually to see what is there, but if you are in a hurry, use the search box to search all the sites in a group.
- Acts of Parliament - From 1988. The equivalent of the printed Public General Acts, but subsequent amendments are not incorporated. Separate table of Local Acts.
- BAILII - British and Irish Legal Information Institute. Legislation as passed.
- Legislation.gov.uk - responsible for administering and providing access to the government's information policy
- Statutory Instruments - From 1987. Includes Draft Statutory Instruments
- Bills - Currently before Parliament include Explanatory Notes and Amendments as they are tabled
- The House of Commons Weekly Information Bulletin - Contains a full list of Bills introduced in Parliament in the current session, together with details of progress through Parliament. Email alerts available.
- House of Commons Hansard - Includes daily debates back to session 1988/89 and Standing Committee debates on Bills from 1997/98. Email alerts available.
- House of Lords Hansard for documents published 1994 onwards
- Official Documents Archive for documents published 1995-2005
- Official Documents for documents published May 2005 onwards
- BAILII - British and Irish Legal Information Institute - provides full hyperlinked judgments from courts in the United Kingdom. Under development.
- Employment Appeal Tribunal - Reports of judgments from 1999
- House of Lords judgments - From 14 November 1996 - 30 July 2009
- Judiciary of England and Wales - Database of judgments.
- Privy Council judgments - Cases from 1999, with a few key earlier judgments
- Supreme Court
- Tribunals Service Upper Tribunal - Decisions
- UKSC - Blog from Matrix Chambers and Olswang
Indexes and digests to legal information
- Current awareness from the Inner Temple Library - Selective current awareness weblog (blog) intended to provide up-to-date information on new case law, changes in legislation and legal news for the UK
- BAILII - decisions from the Court of Session, High Court and Sheriff Court
- Scotland Legislation - the official government site links to Acts of the Scottish Parliament from 1999, Explanatory Notes to the Acts, and Scottish Statutory Instruments, as well as UK legislation applying to Scotland
- Scottish Courts Web Site - searchable database of cases
- Scottish Executive - the Scottish devolved government site
- Scottish Law Commission - the Scottish law reform site. Includes discussion and consultation documents, and reports
- Scottish Legal Aid Board
- Scottish Parliament - links to information on the Scottish Parliament, including reports of proceedings
Rest of the UK
- BAILII (British and Irish Legal Information Institute) - Northern Ireland Court of Appeal, High Court and Tribunal cases.
- Northern Ireland Assembly - Information about the Assembly including the official report and video coverage from the Assembly Chamber (when not suspended)Northern Ireland Courts and Tribunals Service
- Northern Ireland Executive Northern Ireland Human Rights Commission
- Northern Ireland Legal Services Commission
- Northern Ireland Legislation site
- Northern Ireland Office
- Northern Ireland Statutes Revised - full text of NI statutes in force on BAILII
- Statutory Rules of Northern Ireland - From 1991.
Channel Islands and Isle of Man
Although these jurisdictions are British Crown dependencies, they are categorised here for convenience.
- Alderney - States of Alderney official Government website
- Guernsey Legal Resources - joint initiative between the Royal Court and the Law Officers of the Crown
- Guernsey Bar - includes guides, legislation and links to cases and other useful materials
- Jersey - Legal Information Board
- Sark - Sark Government website
- Isle of Man - Tynwald, the Parliament of the Isle of Man