- Business Link - small business service, including regulatory guidance and forms
- Directgov - widest range of government information and access to official publications
- Legislation.gov.uk - responsible for administering and providing access to the government's information policy
- Wired-gov.net - includes search facility for news items and press releases from government departments
Legal departments and agencies
- Cabinet Office - information on government, including ministries and the Civil Service
- Community Legal Service - Network of organisations offering legal and advice services to the public in England and Wales.
- Crown Prosecution Service - the government department which prosecutes criminal cases
- Judiciary of England and Wales - with webcasts, videos and interactive quizzes
- The Law Commission - the law reform body for England and Wales. The site includes information on the Law Under Review project and the full text of recent consultation papers and reports.
- Legal Services Commission - public body created under the Access to Justice Act 1999 to administer the Community Legal Service and the Criminal Defence Service
- Ministry of Justice - information on the administration of justice. A good gateway to other legal sites.
- Privy Council Office - includes description of the functions and jurisdiction of the Privy Council as well as links to judgments
For other government departments, executive agencies and non governmental bodies use the Directgov A-Z of Central Government
- BOPCRIS Ford Collection - The Ford selections of British Parliamentary Papers 1801-1995 is a finding aid to British Official Publications. This database has now been incorporated into the University of Southampton Library catalogue.
- The Daily List of British government publications back to 2000
- Legislation.gov.uk - responsible for administering the government's information policy, and includes links to legislation, command papers, and copyright information
- Official documents site - from May 2005, all Command Papers and House of Commons Papers, as well as key departmental papers available in PDF format. Some earlier papers also available.
- The Stationery Office (TSO) - includes a searchable database of all the Stationery Office's current print titles
- UK National Archives web archive - site preserving digital government information by regularly archiving UK central government websites
- UKOP - United Kingdom Official Publications database. Subscription service (Kent only). (Click on Account Login tab)
- Bills before Parliament
- Hansard 1803 - 2005 - Full text of historic Hansard back to 1803
- House of Commons including Hansard and the Weekly Information Bulletin (for current and forthcoming Parliamentary business, state of the parties, etc.)
- House of Lords including Hansard back to 1994-95
- Parliament Live
- TheyWorkForYou.com - Hansard Commons debates back to the General Election of 1935
- UK Parliament