- ASIL - American Society of International Law. Information on the teaching, theory and practice of international law. The Electronic Resource Guide (ERG) is a self-guided tour of relevant, quality, up-to-date online resources covering important areas of international law.
- Cambridge Companion to International Law: Guide to Electronic Sources of International Law - really useful in-depth guide to source of International Law
- EISIL - Electronic Information System for International Law. A major research tool for international law. This database has detailed subject breakdown and access to primary documents and secondary materials. It has been developed by the American Society for International Law.
- GlobaLex - section on international law research which has 20+ guides to specific topics of current interest written by experts from around the world
- Legal research on international law issues using the internet - Lyonette Louis-Jacques' guide from the University of Chicago (useful links, but as of October 2009 needs updating)
- Researching the United Nations: finding the organization's internal resource trails - by Linda Tashbook for GlobaLex
- Avalon Project - Yale University. Collection of texts in law, history and diplomacy from ancient documents to the present
- British Institute of International and Comparative Law - UK based research institute
- CIGI - The Centre for International Governance is an international think tank (based in Canada) founded in 2002
- Eagle-i - Electronic Access to Global Legal Information
- Free Trade Area of the Americas - Includes draft agreement and proposals on intellectual property rights, anti-dumping measures, e-commerce and competition. Links to relevant information by country
- Hague Justice Portal - Access to information, news and research activities in, and related to, The Hague
- HG.org - site with good section on international law.
- International Law - the United Nations international law page
- International Law Library - includes decisions, treaties and agreements available on WorldLII
- UN-I-QUE - searching tool for UN information from the Dag Hammarskjöld Library
- US State Department - including US foreign policy around the world
- World Legal Information Institute - free, independent and non-profit access to worldwide law.
- WTO Docs Online - WTO Documents online service. Searchable database of WTO documents, including press releases and full texts of WTO agreements.
- African International Courts and Tribunals - developed by the Project on International Courts and Tribunals
- European Court of Human Rights - full text of recent judgments and complete list of judgments from 1959
- Court of Justice of the European Union - includes recent judgments in full, and Proceedings of the Court (summaries of judgments and opinions)
- International Court of Justice - includes links to all contentious cases and advisory opinions referred to the Court since 1946, and decisions of the Permanent Court of International Justice 1922-46
- International Criminal Court
- International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda
- International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia
- International Tribunal on the Law of the Sea - includes proceedings and judgments and basic documents
- PICT - Project on International Courts and Tribunals, providing news and other materials. A joint project from the Centre on International Cooperation (New York University) and FIELD - Foundation for International Environmental Law & Development, (SOAS, London University) (As at October 2010 this website seems not to be updated)
- Á la recherche des travaux préparatoires: An approach to researching the drafting history of international agreements - by Jonathan Pratter for GlobaLex
- Guide to research on Vienna Convention on Consular Relations Notification Requirements - by Barbara H. Bean for GlobaLex
- An introduction to sources for treaty research - by Mark Engsberg for GlobaLex
Sources for treaties
- European Treaty Series - Council of Europe
- Fletcher Multilaterals Project - access to multilateral treaties. Latest document 2002.
- Globelaw - includes treaties and conventions on international law and international environmental law
- Hague Conventions on Private International Law available on the Hague Conference on Private International Law site.
- UN Treaty Collection - includes the full text of treaties in the United Nations Treaty Series plus current information on the status of multilateral treaties
- UN organisations publish their treaties on their websites. See:
- Other collections of treaties include:
- WorldLii - international treaties collection
- Union of International Associations - alphabetical, subject and regional indexes of organisations
- CoE - Council of Europe
- EFTA - European Free Trade Association
- IAEA - International Atomic Energy Agency
- ICC - International Chamber of Commerce
- ILA - International Law Association
- ILC - International Law Commission
- ILO - International Labour Organization
- IMF - International Monetary Fund
- IMO - International Maritime Organisation
- IOSCO - International Organization of Securities Commissions
- NATO - North Atlantic Treaty Organisation
- OAS - Organization of American States
- OECD - Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development
- United Nations and access to all of its agencies
- World Bank
- WHO - World Health Organisation
- WIPO - World Intellectual Property Organisation
- WTO - World Trade Organisation
Miscellaneous international sites
- European Center for Space Law - European Space Agency
- Institute of Air and Space Law - at McGill University, Montreal
- International Boundaries Research Unit at Durham University
- International Water Law Project - developed and maintained by Professor Gabriel Eckstein of the Texas Tech University School of Law
- Ocean law - incorporating the Internet Guide to International Fisheries Law.
- Transboundary Freshwater Dispute Database - State University of Geosciences