Search/browse theatre collections
Refine your search using these filters,
or supply your own search term or phrase.
- Canterbury Cathedral, Choir School(12)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Properties--Leases and tenancies(9)
- Canterbury Cathedral Precincts, Building Works and Repairs(8)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Finances and Investments(8)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Services(8)
- Halford Bequest Fund(8)
- Canterbury Cathedral Library(7)
- World War, 1939-1945--Civil defence, Canterbury(7)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Christ Church Gateway(6)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Statutes(6)
- King's School (Canterbury, England)(6)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Pensions(5)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--St. John's Audit(4)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Lay Clerks(4)
- Church of England, Livings and Benefices(4)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Seasalter Land Sale(3)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Tithes(3)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Employees--Salaries(3)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Stained Glass(3)
- Canterbury Cathedral--Request for Cathedral Stone(3)
- King's School (Canterbury, England), Classrooms(3)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Canons Honorary(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Choir(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cloisters(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Friends(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Offertory Fund(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Sanatorium(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Vestments(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Wax Chamber(2)
- King's School (Canterbury, England), Commutation scheme(2)
- Stone-in-Oxney and Appledore (England)--Union of Benefices(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral Precincts, Thefts and Vandalism(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Canons Minor(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--St. Catherine's Audit(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Corona Undercroft(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Services--Broadcasts(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Statutes--Dissolution of the Dean and Chapter(1)
- Canterbury Festival(1)
- Canterbury French Church(1)
- Canterbury. Parish of St. Gregory's(1)
- Cong d'Elire(1)
- Governors of Queen Anne's Bounty (Great Britain)(1)
- King's School (Canterbury, England), Cricket pitches(1)
- King's School (Canterbury, England), Laboratory(1)
- King's School (Canterbury, England)--Walpole Collection of Manuscripts(1)
- type script(21)
Minutes of the May Monthly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Saturday, 28th May, 1938. The following items were discussed - Trial of organs. Choir School. Minutes of the April Monthly meeting. Position of Vice-Dean's substitute. All Hallows, Lombard Street. Door at north end of tunnel. Openings in Dormitory garden. Burgate 34B. Precincts 14B. Gatekeeper, Christ Church Gate. Chapter Office - A. G. Barker. Halford bequest. Great Cloister, west wall. Masonic installation. Matters arisinf from Residence. Dates of St. John's Audit, 1938.
St. John's Audit, "being a general Chapter of the Cathedral and Metropolitical Church of Christ Canterbury", held on Thursday, 23rd, and continued on Saturday, 25th, Tuesday, 28th, and Wednesday, 29th June, 1938. The following items were discussed - Minutes from May Monthly meeting. Hammond organ. Stand for Archbishop's cross. Gret Cloister - west wall. Christ Church Gateway - central niche. High Altar. Crucifix. Knowler memorial. Door at North end of tunnel. Halford Bequest. Use of proper psalms and sentences of Scriptures. Vice-Dean and special services. Choir School. Mr. Charles' furnishings. King's School interest on monies advanced by the Chapter. Tablets of Saravia and Colfe. Sun Street 17. Gatekeeper. Hales Memorial. Flower-stands. Christ Church Gateway - shields. Colouring of tombs, etc. Extracts from Minutes of Friends' Council Meeteing - Wax Chamber - design for door; tomb of Archbishop Morton; pigeons in the Precincts; Undercroft of Dormitory. Robinson-Harrison casket. Reconstruction fo the Annunciation. Canterbury Lectionary. Precentor and Sacrist. Precincts 26/27. South-West entrance - paving. Cathedral Stone Cross - Bishop of Dornakal. St. Peter's Maidstone - Cathedral stone. Eythorne - cathedral stone. Burgate 22. Mr. A. J. Johnson. Agent's report. Precincts lighting. Cricifix. Ringing of bell. Chapter accounts. Appropriation accounts. Audit of Chapter books. Adoption of accounts. Budget 1938/39. Corporators' drawings. Stipendiaries, and pension scheme for Canons. Reinvestment of capital. Scouts camp equipment. Cathedral Alms Fund. Cleaning of Stonework. Vergers' bonus. Lime tree, Precincts 14.
Minutes of the July Monthly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Saturday, 30th July, and continued on Tueaday, 2nd August, 1938. The following items were discussed - Minutes of St. John's Audit and special meeting. Choir School Committee minutes. Chorister's gowns. South door. Choir School - headmaster (Mr. Pare appointed); dilapidations; Mr. Link; meat contract; Mr. Charles' furniture; scholarships; text books; assistant master; Mrs. Crossley; Mr. Pare's agreement. Littlebourne Chancel. Precincts lighting. Air raid precautions. Bell Harry turrets. Hammond organ. Precnicts 11E. Palace Street 52. Precincts 26 and 27. Wax Chamber. Loudspeakers in Nave. Flowers sink in Crypt. Cathedral laundry. Prayer and hymn books. Burgate 20. Precincts 18 - dilapidations. Time of weekday Evensong. Residences. Cathedral electricity supply. Cathedral key. Halford bequest. Precincts 15 - bastion; report of Sir Charles Peers. Seasalter. Westcliffe Chancel. Throwley Chancel. Palace Street 40. Palalce Street 56. Outstanding accounts. Floodlightin Christ Church Gate. Burgate 10B. Application for stained glass. Precincts 5. Sun Street 17 Great Cloister.
Minutes of the October Monthly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Wednesday, 26th October, 1938. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the September Chapter meeting. Chorister Killin. Nave screen. Precincts 18. Palace Street 56. Sun Street 17. Burgate 19. Burgate 21A. Roadway on North Side of Green Court. Nomination of candidates fpr Parker Exhibition. Vice-Dean and his deputy. Permission for boys to visit Bell Harry Tower. Christ Church Gateway - central niche. Cathedral keys - Miss Mills. Cathedral glass - old borders in Clerestory. Land st Seasalter. Choir School boiler insurance. Time of week-day evensong. Advent addresses. Canterbury Lectionary. Cathedral organ. New music. Vestry clock. Vergers' gowns. Alternative order of Holy Communion. Choristers' procession. Date of the St. Catherine's Audit, 1938. Mr. Barker, the agent, was absent owing to ill health.
Minutes of the St. Catherine's Audit and Chapter, 1938, held on Friday, 25th, and continued on Saturday, 26th, and Monday, 28th November, 1938. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the October Monthly meeting - Palace Street 56; Sun Street 17; Time of weekday services. Distribution of audit alms. Minutes of the November Estates Committee Meeting - Dean Wace's grave; Burgate 19; Sun Street 19; Precincts 18. Appointment of Receiver (T. K. Sopwith appointed). Appointment of Treasurer (Canon Macnutt appointed). King's School headmaster's report. Key audit. Cathedral Alms Fund. Caution money. Precincts 21. Choir School - mrs. Peakes-Wood. Hinxhill Rectory. Lower Halstow. Wood Cross, Bishop of the Arctic. Piece of Stone, St. Thomas' Church, Malverne. Minutes of Friends' Annual Meeting - Pigeons in Precincts; Wax Chamber, design for door; Upkeep of the grave of the late Mr. A. G. Halford; Cathedral organ - rebuilding at the cost of between £5,000 and £6,000; Ancient glass; Great Cloister, vaulting and ribs; Undercroft of Dormitory; St. Thomas' Chapel - cleaning of stone and marble; Cathedral Library - grant; Nave pulpit. Christ Church Gateway - central niche. Kent and Canterbury Hospital. Lighting of Choir stalls. War precautions. Librarian's report. Calendar of intercession. Dean Wace's grave. Report of the Sub-committee on the staff. Sacrist's report. Appointmant of Sacrist (Mr. Poole appointed). Acting-Precentor's report. Appointment of Precenntor (Mr. Poole appointed). Successor to Archdeacon Hardcastle. Organist's report. Crib. The agent was absent owing to ill health.
- image unavailable
- image unavailable
Minutes of the February Monthly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Saturday, 25th February, 1939. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the January Monthly Meeting. Archdeacon Sopwith. Archdeacon Hardcastle [retirement]. Private Meetings - recording of minutes. Minutes of the Estates Committee meeting, February 17th - Precincts 10; Saxon pocket sundial; Burgate 21A. Choir School Committee minutes, February 7th - Maid's room; Successor to Mr. Link; P. J. Baker, lay clerk. Extracts from Minutes of the Council Meeting of the Friends, February 4th - Mr. A. G. Halford, upkeep of grave; Cathedral festivals; undercroft of Howley Library; Repair of cathedral books; Report of Drama Sub-committee; Archdeacon of Canterbury; Rebuilding of the Cathedral organ; Blank shields of arms. Christ Church Gate - niche. St. John's Audit, 1939. Burgate 25. Vergers' gowns. Organ maintenance. Dean Wace, grave stone. Lay clerks' agreements. New statutes. Private business - Salary of the precentor; Grant to mrs. Poole; Salry of the organist; Lay clerk Johnson; Salary of the Vesturer.
Minutes of the March Monthly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Saturday, 25th March, 1939. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the February Monthly Meeting - Precincts 29; Saxon pocket sundial; Burgate 21A - Mr. Chissell; Undercroft of Howley Library; Christ Church Gateway; Vergers' gowns. Pigeons. Salary of Organist. Salary of Precentor. F. J. Millen. Halford Bequest. Burgate 11/12. Burgate 21C. Palalce Street 44. Rev. G. W. Lampe. Meister Omers. Living of Deopham. Q.A.B. (Powers) Measure, 1937. East Horsley, sale of [Cromwellian] flagons. New Statutes. New Music. Cathedral key and postern keys. Hammond organ wiring. Office duplicator. Letter of thanks from Miss Poole.