Search/browse theatre collections
Refine your search using these filters,
or supply your own search term or phrase.
- Canterbury Cathedral, Choir School(3)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Finances and Investments(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Properties--Leases and tenancies(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Services(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral Library(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral Precincts, Thefts and Vandalism(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Pensions(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Seasalter Land Sale(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Christ Church Gateway(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Lay Clerks(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Statutes(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral--Request for Cathedral Stone(1)
- Halford Bequest Fund(1)
- King's School (Canterbury, England)(1)
- type script(3)
- The Deanery(3)
These filters define your current search;
click on a filter to remove. Or
Start a new search
- World War, 1939-1945--Civil defence, Canterbury
- Canterbury Cathedral, Music
- Canterbury Cathedral Precincts, Building Works and Repairs
Minutes of the July Monthly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Saturday, 30th July, and continued on Tueaday, 2nd August, 1938. The following items were discussed - Minutes of St. John's Audit and special meeting. Choir School Committee minutes. Chorister's gowns. South door. Choir School - headmaster (Mr. Pare appointed); dilapidations; Mr. Link; meat contract; Mr. Charles' furniture; scholarships; text books; assistant master; Mrs. Crossley; Mr. Pare's agreement. Littlebourne Chancel. Precincts lighting. Air raid precautions. Bell Harry turrets. Hammond organ. Precnicts 11E. Palace Street 52. Precincts 26 and 27. Wax Chamber. Loudspeakers in Nave. Flowers sink in Crypt. Cathedral laundry. Prayer and hymn books. Burgate 20. Precincts 18 - dilapidations. Time of weekday Evensong. Residences. Cathedral electricity supply. Cathedral key. Halford bequest. Precincts 15 - bastion; report of Sir Charles Peers. Seasalter. Westcliffe Chancel. Throwley Chancel. Palace Street 40. Palalce Street 56. Outstanding accounts. Floodlightin Christ Church Gate. Burgate 10B. Application for stained glass. Precincts 5. Sun Street 17 Great Cloister.
Minutes of the Weekly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Friday, 27th October, 1939. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the previous weekly meeting - Choir School; Windows in Cathedral. Protection of Cathedral [A.R.P, air raid precautions]. Division of tithe arrears. Open trenches. Choir School - Refrigerator; Houseman; Cooking arrangements. Chapter works staff. Precincts 11D. Organ. Armistice Day and Sunday. South-west door. Responsibility of Vice-Dean during an air raid. Bell Harry Tower. Canons' scarves. Chronicle of the Friends. Celebrations. Intercession services. Chapter estate. Includes pencilled annotations.
Minutes of the Weekly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Monday, 6th November, 1939. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the previous weekly meeting - Forrens scheme; Choir School, houseman; Refrigerator; Air raid warning; Organ; Bell Harry Tower; Chronicle of the Friends; Intercession Services. Burgate 23. Sun Street 20A. Sykes Charity. Choir School [cooking arrangements]. Nomination of candidates for Perker Exhibitions. Canonical houses. Statutes. Armistice Day. Remembrance Sunday. Chapter estate. Vacuum cleaner. King's School. Friends' postcard table.