Search/browse theatre collections
Refine your search using these filters,
or supply your own search term or phrase.
- Canterbury Cathedral, Choir School(5)
- Canterbury Cathedral Precincts, Building Works and Repairs(3)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Offertory Fund(3)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Properties--Leases and tenancies(3)
- Church of England, Livings and Benefices(3)
- Halford Bequest Fund(3)
- Canterbury Cathedral Library(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Finances and Investments(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Pensions(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Seasalter Land Sale(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--St. John's Audit(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Tithes(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Music(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral--Request for Cathedral Stone(2)
- King's School (Canterbury, England), Classrooms(2)
- King's School (Canterbury, England), Commutation scheme(2)
- King's School (Canterbury, England)--Walpole Collection of Manuscripts(2)
- Aylsham, Kent (England)--Conveyance of Mines and Mineral Rights(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral Precincts, Archaeological Finds(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral Precincts--Tree of Heaven(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Canons Honorary(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Corona Undercroft(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Employees--Salaries(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Friends(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Lay Clerks(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Sanatorium(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Statutes--Dissolution of the Dean and Chapter(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Tithe Redemption Stock(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Wax Chamber(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral. Friends--Offices(1)
- Canterbury City Council--Town Planning Scheme(1)
- Canterbury French Church(1)
- Canterbury. Parish of St. Gregory's(1)
- Cong d'Elire(1)
- Ecclesiastical law--Great Britain--Cathedrals Measure, 1931(1)
- Ecclesiastical law--Great Britain--Leasing Acts(1)
- Governors of Queen Anne's Bounty (Great Britain)(1)
- Howley, William, Rev., 1766-1848 (archbishop of Canterbury)--Portrait(1)
- King's School (Canterbury, England)(1)
- King's School (Canterbury, England), Cantuarian (School Magazine)(1)
- King's School (Canterbury, England), Cricket pitches(1)
- King's School (Canterbury, England), Laboratory(1)
- King's School (Canterbury, England), New Dining Hall(1)
- type script(6)
These filters define your current search;
click on a filter to remove. Or
Start a new search
Minutes of the March Monthly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Saturday, 20th March 1937, and of its continuation on Wednesday, 24th March. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the February Monthly Meeting. Statutes. Stone-in-Oxney. Mr. Helmore and Precincts 26. Burgate 18 - Shields. Burgate 20 - Hanging Sign. Palace St. 44. Forrens 3. Land at Seasalter. Sopley Glebe. Coronation Service. Chorister Blundell. Private Meeting. Kent County Agricultural Society Show. Exhibition for Housing and Nursery Schools. Tithe (Mrs. Stewart). Messrs. Webb and Co's Account. Portrait of Dr. Sheppard. Edward the Confessor Chapel. Tomb of Henry IV. Painting of St. Christopher. East End of Crypt. Tomb of Archbishop Courtenay. Wax Chamber Door. Precincts 3. King's School and Chapter Annual Grant. Almonry Gate. St. Barnabas, Bethnal Green. Levelling of the Cloisters. Mr. Helmore. Monastic Registrars. Tithe (G. C. Hogben). Choir School.
Minutes of the May Monthly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Saturday, 29th May 1937, and its continuation on Saturday, June 5th. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the April Monthly Meeting. The late Dr. Bickersteth. Lower Halstow. Stone-in-Oxney. Cathedral Boilers. Precincts 3. Tomb of Henry IV. Choir School Fees. St. John's Audit. King's School Commutation. Sun Street 17. Forrens 3. Tithe payment for collection of arrears. Choir School. Mr. Helmore. King's School Laboratory. Change of financial year. Chapter House - additional window. Undercroft of Library - fireproof ceiling and lighting. Cupboard in south aisle of Choir. Cathedral plate valuation. Bell Harry, floodlighting. Cathedral keys - Mr. Playfoot. Library request for hot plate. Paddock Wood. Sellindge: application for grant. Milton Regis: main drainage. New Church in Canterbury. Land tax, Precincts 15. Supplementary Pension, Dean and Canons. Forrens 3 and other properties. Tomb of Archbishop Courtenay. Precincts 19. Green Court properties. Forrens 3 and Precincts 23. Precincts 6 and Palace Street 29. Precincts 11A and 21. Precincts 18. Appointment of Precentor. Appointment of Sachrist. Brenchley Parsonage key. Postern key. Choir School, day boys. Nave organ. Workmen's outing. S. Thackray. New Statutes and Honorary Canons. J. Meikle. Seasalter. Silver Lamp, Holy Innocents. Property owners' liability insurance. Accounts. Mr. Harmer. Red Ensign. Palace Street 52. French Church.
St. John's Audit, "being a general Chapter of the Cathedral and Metropolitical Church of Christ Canterbury", held on Wednesday, 23rd, and continued on Friday, 25th, and Saturday, 26th June, 1937. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the May Monthly Meeting. Bargrave organ. Sellindge. Lower Halstow. Library; hot plate. S. Thackray. Mr. Staple. Seasalter. Cathedral boilers and Choir heating. Insurance of box for communion breads. Cathedral plate insurance. Cathedral flowers. Midday communions. Sacrist's requisition for cassocks. private meeting. Precincts roads. Mr. Gilbert's reminiscences. Cloister garth. King's School commutation and new classrooms. St. Benet, Stepney. Burgate 18. Choir School; Halford Bequest. Cathedral Stone for Walsingham. Photographs and drawings by George Austin. St. Michael's, Sittingbourne - chancel repair. Stone-in-Oxney. Precincts 23. Mr. Helmore. Chapter accounts. Appropriation account. Budget 1937/8. Corporators' drawings. Adoption of accounts. Cathedral alms fund. Precentor's and Sacrist's account. Residences. Statutes. Organist's requisition. Precincts 19 and 21. Precincts 26.
Minutes of a Special Meeting of the Chapter, held on Tuesday, 20th July 1937. The following items were discussed - Processional cross. Canon Gardiner's pension. Choir School -- heating; accounts; assistant master. Burgate improvement scheme. Mr. Harmer. Workmen's compensation - clerks of works. Palace Street 52. Meister Omers, Precincts 16. Mint Yard Gate. Organ in St. John's Chapel. Littlebourne Chancel. Postern key. Cathedral guides. Confirmation of orders. Choir heating. Stone-in-Oxney. Lower Halstow.
Minutes of the July Monthly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Saturday, 31st July 1937. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the St. John's Audit, the Private Meeting of 1st July, and the Special meeting of 20th July. Library hot-plate. Precincts 19. Burgate improvement scheme. Mint Yard Gate. Use of St. John's Chapel. Next Chapter meeting. Cathedral roof damage -- property owners' liability. Fees, Choir School - Peaks-Wood. Allocation of dutues, Precentor and sacrist. Cathedral Choir heating. Processional cross; and nave altar cross and candlesticks. Portrait of Archbishop Howley. Christ Church Gateway - lighting. Burgate 15. Precincts 21. Broard Street 81. Precincts 26 and 27 - lease; plans; panelling; Mr. Helmore's removal expenses. Stone-in-Oxney. Lower halstow. Halford bequest. Trust deed - box for communion breads. Office of Treasurer. Safe in Treasury. Faversham Voluntary Church rate. Choir School - assistant master; doorhandles; headmaster's expenses; aga cooker; tables and benches; 11th-century stone.
Minutes of the September Monthly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Tuesday, 5th October 1937. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the July Monthly meeting. Stone-in-Oxney. Precincts 3. Precints 19. Precincts 26 and 27. Treasury. Halford bequest. Christ Church Gate. Precincts 14. Burgate 67. Choir School - Mr. Charles' board etc.; the Rev. C. F. Pare's agreement; division of garden; medical attention. St. Gregory-the-Great. King's School - contract for dining hall, and commutation. Canterbury Education Committee. Preparatory Schools' Service. Burgate 13. Burgate 28. All Hallows, Lombard Street; 22 Lime Street. Manor of Aylsham. Brenchley. Land at Seasalter. Cathedrals Measure 1931 - publication of accounts. Friends of Canterbury athedral banner. Choir School piano. Binding of Choir Music. Gift of cathedral stone. Wax Chamber. The litany. Gift of grand piano. Gifts from Women's Guild.