Search/browse theatre collections
Refine your search using these filters,
or supply your own search term or phrase.
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Finances and Investments(3)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Choir School(3)
- Canterbury Cathedral Precincts, Building Works and Repairs(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral Precincts, Thefts and Vandalism(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Pensions(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Seasalter Land Sale(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Choir(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Christ Church Gateway(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Music(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Properties--Leases and tenancies(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Services(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Services--Broadcasts(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Statutes(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Vergers(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral--Request for Cathedral Stone(1)
- King's School (Canterbury, England), Choral Society(1)
- World War, 1939-1945--Civil defence, Canterbury(1)
St. John's Audit, "being a general Chapter of the Cathedral and Metropolitical Church of Christ Canterbury", held on Thursday, 23rd, and continued on Saturday, 25th, Tuesday, 28th, and Wednesday, 29th June, 1938. The following items were discussed - Minutes from May Monthly meeting. Hammond organ. Stand for Archbishop's cross. Gret Cloister - west wall. Christ Church Gateway - central niche. High Altar. Crucifix. Knowler memorial. Door at North end of tunnel. Halford Bequest. Use of proper psalms and sentences of Scriptures. Vice-Dean and special services. Choir School. Mr. Charles' furnishings. King's School interest on monies advanced by the Chapter. Tablets of Saravia and Colfe. Sun Street 17. Gatekeeper. Hales Memorial. Flower-stands. Christ Church Gateway - shields. Colouring of tombs, etc. Extracts from Minutes of Friends' Council Meeteing - Wax Chamber - design for door; tomb of Archbishop Morton; pigeons in the Precincts; Undercroft of Dormitory. Robinson-Harrison casket. Reconstruction fo the Annunciation. Canterbury Lectionary. Precentor and Sacrist. Precincts 26/27. South-West entrance - paving. Cathedral Stone Cross - Bishop of Dornakal. St. Peter's Maidstone - Cathedral stone. Eythorne - cathedral stone. Burgate 22. Mr. A. J. Johnson. Agent's report. Precincts lighting. Cricifix. Ringing of bell. Chapter accounts. Appropriation accounts. Audit of Chapter books. Adoption of accounts. Budget 1938/39. Corporators' drawings. Stipendiaries, and pension scheme for Canons. Reinvestment of capital. Scouts camp equipment. Cathedral Alms Fund. Cleaning of Stonework. Vergers' bonus. Lime tree, Precincts 14.
Minutes of a meeting of the Estates Committee, held on Friday, 15th October 1937. The following items were discussed - Bell Harry tower - turrets. Precincts 18. Precincts 19. Precincts 21. Precincts 18 - school bell. Seasalter. Cathedral oil burners. Clergy Discipline Act, 1892; and Benefices (Ecclesiastical Duties) Measure, 1926. Old Choir School grand piano. Estates Committee. Mr. Pare's salary - dissection. Chapter finance. Minor canons and organist's fees. Includes pencilled annotations and doodle.
Minutes of the Weekly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Friday, 17th November, 1939. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the previous weekly meeting. Mr. Clegg. Mrs. Sopwith. Altar frontals. Religious Drama Society. King's School Choral Society. Heating of the Choir. Friends' postcard table. Foreens scheme finance. Choir School houseman. Bell Harry Tower. Chronicle of the Friends. M. Pierce, Verger. Cushion for seats in Choir. Choir - M. Purrott; Day-boys; Holidays; Broadcasting; Tenor lay clerk. Funeral fees. New Statutes. Precincts trees. Broad Street 81. French Church. Vergers' bonus. King's School, interest. St. Catherine's Audit.