Search/browse theatre collections
Refine your search using these filters,
or supply your own search term or phrase.
- Bombing, Aerial--Japan--Hiroshima(1)
- Canterbury psalter(1)
- Floods--China, 1932(1)
- Johnson, Hewlett, 1874-1966--Chairman of Governors of King's School (Canterbury, England)(1)
- Johnson, Hewlett, 1874-1966--Travels--Canada--1935(1)
- Johnson, Hewlett, 1874-1966--Travels--China--1956(1)
- Johnson, Hewlett, 1874-1966--Travels--China--1959(1)
- Johnson, Hewlett, 1874-1966--Writings--"Searching for Light"(1)
- King's School (Canterbury, England)--Accomodation(1)
- King's School (Canterbury, England)--Recommendation for improvements(1)
- Korean War, 1950-1953(1)
- Kuomintang, China--(Zhongguo guo min dang)(1)
- Nuclear disarmament(1)
- Persecution--Soviet Union(1)
- Race relations--United States.(1)
- Slave labor--Soviet Union(1)
This file contains matters relating to the Cathedral, Chapter, King's School, Precincts, etc. between 1933 and 1936. a lot of the correspondence is between Hewlett Johnson and John Shirley, the Headmaster of the King's School, some of it surrounding his appointment to the King's School. A certain amount of this correspondence is also reproduced in David L. Edwards' biography, taken from Shirley's personal papers.
The first part of the File contains correspondence, mainly with Nowell Johnson, relating to the period after Hewlett Johnson's death. There are several documents in the style of obituaries summing up Hewlett's life and its significance.It includes a personal memory of Nowell's 'Life with the Red Dean', some newspaper articles and Nowell's response to critical comments. At 7620 there is a list in Nowell's hand of images of her husband and a list of his writings.