Search/browse theatre collections
Refine your search using these filters,
or supply your own search term or phrase.
- Canterbury Cathedral, Choir School(6)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Properties--Leases and tenancies(5)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Finances and Investments(4)
- Halford Bequest Fund(4)
- Canterbury Cathedral Precincts, Building Works and Repairs(3)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Services--Broadcasts(3)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Statutes(3)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Seasalter Land Sale(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Christ Church Gateway(2)
- King's School (Canterbury, England)(2)
- World War, 1939-1945--Civil defence, Canterbury(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral Precincts, Archaeological Finds(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Bedesmen(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Canons Residentiary(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--St. John's Audit(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Choir(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Employees--Pensions(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Lay Clerks(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Music(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Services(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Vergers(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral--Request for Cathedral Stone(1)
- Casaubon, (Florence Estienne) Meric, Mr., 1599-1671 (scholar and divine)--Portrait(1)
- Ecclesiastical law--Great Britain--Cathedrals Measure, 1931(1)
- Howley, William, Rev., 1766-1848 (archbishop of Canterbury)--Portrait(1)
- King's School (Canterbury, England), Choral Society(1)
- King's School (Canterbury, England)--Walpole Collection of Manuscripts(1)
These filters define your current search;
click on a filter to remove. Or
Start a new search
Minutes of the Weekly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Tuesday, 19th December, 1939. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the previous weekly meeting. Crucifix. Archbishop's party. Broad Street 81. Organist's pension. Bell Harry [tower] and masons' work. Choir School heating. French Church. Damage in Cathedral. Walpole Collection. Broadcasting. Next meeting. The run of Cathedral Chapter Minutes in the Hewlett Johnson Collection ends here.
Minutes of a Special Meeting of the Chapter, held on Friday, 18th February 1938. The following items were discussed - Letters of thanks. Binding of Minute book. Electricity kiosk in the Precincts. King's School Dining hall and Precincts 25. Storage of guide books. Kent County Agricultural Show. Brookland Vicarage water supply. Inscription, Sir William and Lady Joan Brenchley [Hoptonwood Stone, Brenchley Chantry]. Extracts from Minutes of Friends' Council Meeting - Great Cloister - west wall; levelling of Cloister garth; experiments on the vaulting in the north alley; finance; Christ Church Gateway turrets; undercroft of Dormitory; Fresco, Meister Omers. Choir School - prospectus; fees; contract with Dr. Peck; loss of articles; playing field; payment for guests; garden; music accounts; Mr. A. J. Johnson and question of half-day holiday (signed in pencil Hewlett Johnson).
Minutes of the February Monthly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Saturday, 26th February 1938. The following items were discussed - Choir School - prospectus; Choir School Committee minutes; loss of articles; fire escape. Minutes of January Monthly Meeting and Special meeting. Welcome to Mr. Macnutt (new Canon Residentiary). Nave Stalls. In scription Sir William and lady Brenchley. Christ Church Gateway Angels. Undercroft of the Dormitory. B.B.C. contribution. Land at Seasalter. Burgate 33. Sale of postcards. Tenison throne. April Chapter meeting.
Minutes of the April Monthly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Thursday, 21st April, and on Saturday, 23rd April 1938. The following items were discussed - Minutes of March Monthly Meeting. Trial of organs. Burgate 20. Burgate 22. Burgate 27. Burgate 34B. Precints 12. B.B.C. Contribution. Precincts 14E. Precints 21. Palalce Street 29 to 37. Palalce Street 59. Choir School - Mr. and Mrs. Elliott; Halford bequest; Laundry account; Mr. Pare - boarding fee; Printing pf prospectus; Cricket netting; Arrears of fees; Residence of headmaster. Cloister garth. Kent war memorial. Stand for Archiepiscopal cross. Prie-dieus for Sanctuary. Chapter investments. Box for communion breads. Cathedral music. Lower Halstow. Loss of overcoat. Lavatory under Dean's stairs. High Altar superfrontal. St. John's, Upper Norwood - request for stone. Christ Church, Canterbury, Scotstown. Nave stalls. New Statutes. Courses of addresses during Advent and Lent. Carved stone found in Cloister garth. Cloister garth.
Minutes of the Weekly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Monday, 6th November, 1939. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the previous weekly meeting - Forrens scheme; Choir School, houseman; Refrigerator; Air raid warning; Organ; Bell Harry Tower; Chronicle of the Friends; Intercession Services. Burgate 23. Sun Street 20A. Sykes Charity. Choir School [cooking arrangements]. Nomination of candidates for Perker Exhibitions. Canonical houses. Statutes. Armistice Day. Remembrance Sunday. Chapter estate. Vacuum cleaner. King's School. Friends' postcard table.
Minutes of a meeting of the Estates Committee, held on Friday, 16th July 1937. The following items were discussed - Chapter accounts. Seasalter. Cathedral roof damage - property owners' liability. Choir School - work attributable to day school; heating; equipment; fees, Peaks-Wood; refrigerator of larder. Assitant Master. Allocation of duties, Precentor and Sacrist. Cathedral Choir heating. Processional cross, and nave altar cross and candlesticks. Portrait of Archbishop Howley. Stanhope exhibition. Application for Miss Stead. Buffs Fund. Christ Church gateway - lighting. Burgate 15. Precincts 6. Precincts 21. Broad Street 81. Precincts 11E.
Minutes of the Weekly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Friday, 17th November, 1939. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the previous weekly meeting. Mr. Clegg. Mrs. Sopwith. Altar frontals. Religious Drama Society. King's School Choral Society. Heating of the Choir. Friends' postcard table. Foreens scheme finance. Choir School houseman. Bell Harry Tower. Chronicle of the Friends. M. Pierce, Verger. Cushion for seats in Choir. Choir - M. Purrott; Day-boys; Holidays; Broadcasting; Tenor lay clerk. Funeral fees. New Statutes. Precincts trees. Broad Street 81. French Church. Vergers' bonus. King's School, interest. St. Catherine's Audit.