Search/browse theatre collections
Refine your search using these filters,
or supply your own search term or phrase.
- Canterbury Cathedral Precincts, Building Works and Repairs(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Finances and Investments(2)
- Halford Bequest Fund(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral Precincts, Thefts and Vandalism(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Bedesmen(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--St. Catherine's Audit(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Choir(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Choir School(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Guides(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Lay Clerks(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Properties--Leases and tenancies(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Services--Broadcasts(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Vestments(1)
- King's School (Canterbury, England)(1)
- King's School (Canterbury, England), Choral Society(1)
- World War, 1939-1945--Civil defence, Canterbury(1)
- The Deanery(3)
Minutes of the January Monthly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Saturday, 29th January 1938. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the December Monthly Meeting. New Statutes. Leases to the King's School. Burgate 22 - ideal boiler. Precincts 6. Choir School - Mr. Charles' appointment. Electricity kiosk in Precincts. Cathedral alms. Cathedral handbooks. Mr. Bligh and loudspeakers. Precincts 18. Choir - wearing of ruffs and red cassocks. Exning. Tithe Act - capital. Burgate 22. Bell Harry Tower turrets. Tithe Act 1936 - renumeration. Clergy Widows and Orphans Fund - and Education Society. Halford Bequest. Nave stalls. Charge for bell-ringing and Bedesmen - tunicle; stole and burse; sueplices; vergers' holidays; wedding and funeral fees. Church Tutorial Classes Association. Guiding permit for Cathedral.
Minutes of a Private Meeting of the Chapter, held on Wednesday, 7th December, 1938. The following items were discussed - Cathedral organ servicing. Lay clarks. Cathedral glass in Mr. Caldwell's possession. Report of the sub-committee on the staff. Mr. Baker's voice. Lay clerks' holidays. Honorarium for Mr. Tophill. Includes corrections in pencil and ink.
Minutes of the Weekly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Friday, 17th November, 1939. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the previous weekly meeting. Mr. Clegg. Mrs. Sopwith. Altar frontals. Religious Drama Society. King's School Choral Society. Heating of the Choir. Friends' postcard table. Foreens scheme finance. Choir School houseman. Bell Harry Tower. Chronicle of the Friends. M. Pierce, Verger. Cushion for seats in Choir. Choir - M. Purrott; Day-boys; Holidays; Broadcasting; Tenor lay clerk. Funeral fees. New Statutes. Precincts trees. Broad Street 81. French Church. Vergers' bonus. King's School, interest. St. Catherine's Audit.