Search/browse theatre collections
Refine your search using these filters,
or supply your own search term or phrase.
- Canterbury Cathedral Precincts, Building Works and Repairs(3)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Properties--Leases and tenancies(3)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Finances and Investments(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Vestments(2)
- Halford Bequest Fund(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral Precincts, Archaeological Finds(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral Precincts, Thefts and Vandalism(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Bedesmen(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Canons Minor(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Canons Residentiary(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Choir(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Guides(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Services(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Services--Broadcasts(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Statutes(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral--Request for Cathedral Stone(1)
- King's School (Canterbury, England)(1)
- King's School (Canterbury, England), Choral Society(1)
- World War, 1939-1945--Civil defence, Canterbury(1)
- World War, 1939-1945--Evacuation of civilians(1)
Minutes of a meeting of the Estates Committee, held on Friday, 18th March 1938. The following items were discussed - Chairman of the Estates Committee [Hewlett Johnson appointed]. Chapter House Wiring. Red cassocks. Surplices. Bell-ringing and Bedesman's attendance on the Archbishop. Canon Macnutt - caution money. Minor Canons - agreement. Tenison throne. Bell Harry Tower turrets. Cathedral organs. Choir heating. Halford Bequest. Forrens 3 and 4 and Precincts 23. Burgate 34B. Precincts 26/27. Precincts 16. Burgate 22. Precincts 18 - dilapidations. Precincts 14E. [Saxon-period silver] Calendar. Reinvestment of the tithe capital. Diocesan calendar. Choir School Committee. Cloister garth. Electricity kiosk in the precincts.
Minutes of the September Monthly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Saturday, 24th September, 1938. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the July Chapter meeting. Chorister Killin. Time of week-day services. Resindences for 1939. Precincts 15 bastion. King's School (evacuation in the event of war). Halford bequest. Mr. Spinks. Lympne Chancel. St. Catherine's Audit. Sir Charles Peers' report - plastic stone; external stonework on one bay of the Cloister; Dormitory Undercroft. Dean Wace's grave. Dr. Sheppard's grave. Choir music room. Office staff - A. G. Baker. Meister Omers. Sun Street 19. Burgate 21A. Choir School - assistant master; fire alarm system; scales for weighing boarders; postern keys. Vergers' gowns. Vestery clock. Lord's Prayer. Antiphons to the Venite. Alternative order of Holy Communion. Wire in Precincts. Notices. Mr. Halford - upkeep of grave. Domesday Monachorum. Charter of William I. Cloister west wall. Sun Street 17. Cathedral stone - Camelford. Mr. Barker. There is a draft letter from the Dean to Mr. Caroe, relating to the item "Plastic Stone", on the back of page 2.
Minutes of the Weekly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Friday, 17th November, 1939. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the previous weekly meeting. Mr. Clegg. Mrs. Sopwith. Altar frontals. Religious Drama Society. King's School Choral Society. Heating of the Choir. Friends' postcard table. Foreens scheme finance. Choir School houseman. Bell Harry Tower. Chronicle of the Friends. M. Pierce, Verger. Cushion for seats in Choir. Choir - M. Purrott; Day-boys; Holidays; Broadcasting; Tenor lay clerk. Funeral fees. New Statutes. Precincts trees. Broad Street 81. French Church. Vergers' bonus. King's School, interest. St. Catherine's Audit.