Search/browse theatre collections
Refine your search using these filters,
or supply your own search term or phrase.
- Canterbury Cathedral Precincts, Building Works and Repairs(3)
- Halford Bequest Fund(3)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Choir School(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Properties--Leases and tenancies(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Statutes(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Vestments(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral Precincts, Archaeological Finds(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral Precincts, Thefts and Vandalism(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Bedesmen(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Canons Minor(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Canons Residentiary(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--St. Catherine's Audit(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Choir(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Guides(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Services--Broadcasts(1)
- King's School (Canterbury, England)(1)
- King's School (Canterbury, England), Choral Society(1)
- World War, 1939-1945--Civil defence, Canterbury(1)
These filters define your current search;
click on a filter to remove. Or
Start a new search
Minutes of the January Monthly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Saturday, 29th January 1938. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the December Monthly Meeting. New Statutes. Leases to the King's School. Burgate 22 - ideal boiler. Precincts 6. Choir School - Mr. Charles' appointment. Electricity kiosk in Precincts. Cathedral alms. Cathedral handbooks. Mr. Bligh and loudspeakers. Precincts 18. Choir - wearing of ruffs and red cassocks. Exning. Tithe Act - capital. Burgate 22. Bell Harry Tower turrets. Tithe Act 1936 - renumeration. Clergy Widows and Orphans Fund - and Education Society. Halford Bequest. Nave stalls. Charge for bell-ringing and Bedesmen - tunicle; stole and burse; sueplices; vergers' holidays; wedding and funeral fees. Church Tutorial Classes Association. Guiding permit for Cathedral.
Minutes of a meeting of the Estates Committee, held on Friday, 18th March 1938. The following items were discussed - Chairman of the Estates Committee [Hewlett Johnson appointed]. Chapter House Wiring. Red cassocks. Surplices. Bell-ringing and Bedesman's attendance on the Archbishop. Canon Macnutt - caution money. Minor Canons - agreement. Tenison throne. Bell Harry Tower turrets. Cathedral organs. Choir heating. Halford Bequest. Forrens 3 and 4 and Precincts 23. Burgate 34B. Precincts 26/27. Precincts 16. Burgate 22. Precincts 18 - dilapidations. Precincts 14E. [Saxon-period silver] Calendar. Reinvestment of the tithe capital. Diocesan calendar. Choir School Committee. Cloister garth. Electricity kiosk in the precincts.
Minutes of the Weekly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Friday, 17th November, 1939. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the previous weekly meeting. Mr. Clegg. Mrs. Sopwith. Altar frontals. Religious Drama Society. King's School Choral Society. Heating of the Choir. Friends' postcard table. Foreens scheme finance. Choir School houseman. Bell Harry Tower. Chronicle of the Friends. M. Pierce, Verger. Cushion for seats in Choir. Choir - M. Purrott; Day-boys; Holidays; Broadcasting; Tenor lay clerk. Funeral fees. New Statutes. Precincts trees. Broad Street 81. French Church. Vergers' bonus. King's School, interest. St. Catherine's Audit.