Search/browse theatre collections
Refine your search using these filters,
or supply your own search term or phrase.
- Canterbury Cathedral, Vergers(3)
- Canterbury Cathedral Precincts, Building Works and Repairs(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Bedesmen(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Properties--Leases and tenancies(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Vestments(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral Precincts, Archaeological Finds(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Canons Minor(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Canons Residentiary(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Finances and Investments(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Pensions(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Choir School(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Lay Clerks(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Statutes(1)
- Halford Bequest Fund(1)
- Irish Republican Army (I.R.A.)(1)
- World War, 1939-1945--Civil defence, Canterbury(1)
- type script(3)
Minutes of a meeting of the Estates Committee, held on Friday, 18th March 1938. The following items were discussed - Chairman of the Estates Committee [Hewlett Johnson appointed]. Chapter House Wiring. Red cassocks. Surplices. Bell-ringing and Bedesman's attendance on the Archbishop. Canon Macnutt - caution money. Minor Canons - agreement. Tenison throne. Bell Harry Tower turrets. Cathedral organs. Choir heating. Halford Bequest. Forrens 3 and 4 and Precincts 23. Burgate 34B. Precincts 26/27. Precincts 16. Burgate 22. Precincts 18 - dilapidations. Precincts 14E. [Saxon-period silver] Calendar. Reinvestment of the tithe capital. Diocesan calendar. Choir School Committee. Cloister garth. Electricity kiosk in the precincts.
Minutes of a Private Meeting of the Chapter, held on Wednesday, 7th December, 1938. The following items were discussed - Cathedral organ servicing. Lay clarks. Cathedral glass in Mr. Caldwell's possession. Report of the sub-committee on the staff. Mr. Baker's voice. Lay clerks' holidays. Honorarium for Mr. Tophill. Includes corrections in pencil and ink.
Minutes of the Weekly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Friday, 9th June, 1939. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the previous weekly meeting - Deans and Canons pension fund; precautions against (I.R.A.) bomb outrages; Cathedral fire squad; Meister Omers; Infirmary ruins; Tunstall Glebe; Lighting of the Choir; Diamond Proprietary Mints Ltd. Cathedral vergers ang guides. National Service. Loudspeakers. Bell Harry tower. Precincts 29. Burgate 23. Burgate 32. Cost of printing. Cassocks and surplices. Precincts 4. Mr. Tophill. Palace Street 44.